The Volcano

The Volcano

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A description of a dream.

"

The Volcano

In my dream I was descending into a volcano, hanging at the end of a rope, just like a spider hangs on the end of his web’s line. I reached down into an incredible depth and landed safely on solid ground. The mountain was supposed to be extinguished, and so it seemed to be.

Suddenly an eruption started up before I could react al all, and as in my early childhood dreams I could not escape, and was covered with lava all over �" just my eyes were left wide open in wonder.

I didn’t feel any pain I was tied up to where I stood by a warm blanket, I couldn’t even look up toward the patch of blue sky above, glistening through the volcano’s gaping mouth.

The rope was quite near me yet, I could discern its end, although my dismal state.

Would I succeed to reach it again before it will catch fire, I wondered.

I moved my shoulders quite desperately and it worked, I got rid of the warm blanket that stuck to my body. I rushed to the rope dumbfounded, got hold of it with both my hands, hung on it and was pulled up towards salvation.

Well I’m not a kid and I didn’t wake up covered all over with cold sweat, but I did rush to write it down, before I’ll forget it.

 

© Haim Kadman 2009 �" all rights reserved.

© 2012 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm glad you got it written down. Quite a description...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
1 Review
Added on May 3, 2012
Last Updated on May 3, 2012
Tags: volcano, lava, rope, salvation

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman