That Moment

That Moment

A Story by Hassan99

There she was, looking expectantly at the door of the coffee house. It had only been a week since I had seen her last, but today when I woke up I found myself missing her. When I saw her sitting in our favorite booth with her hot apple cider and glowing smile, I couldn’t help but feel warm on the inside despite the frigid conditions outside.

            I escaped into the coffee house and was immediately enclosed in the aroma of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies and coffee, so caffeinated that I refused to have any after 5 in the afternoon because I would be up all night. I looked up and saw her face break into a smile so wide that I was afraid that her eyes would disappear.

            I walked over to her, coffee in one hand, cookie in the other and gave her a hug, “I missed you”, I said.

            “Aw, its only been a week!” she said, but then she looked down at her drink and smiled, “but I missed ya too.”   

            We sat there and talked for an hour, telling each other about our weeks, stupid stuff that happened in school, new songs that we had heard, and books that we were dying to read. It felt comfortable, I looked into her eyes and I noticed how the inside was a light hazel color but the outside was this new color, a mix between blue and green, but darker with a hint of yellow. I realized that the only name for this color was, “beautiful”.

            We got up after I had unwittingly consumed enough caffeine to keep me awake for a couple of days, “What do you want to do?” I asked her.

            “Oh look, its snowing!” she said and her whole face lit up like a Christmas tree. “Lets just walk around, take in the first snowfall of the year!” she said with the excitement of a five year old on its birthday.

            “I don’t know, its pretty cold outside.” I complained.

            “Hey! It’s the first snowfall of the year and your response is ‘oh no, it’s too cold’ c’mon, don’t be lame. Are you lame?” she asked with a hint of a smile in her eyes.

            “No, I’m not lame.” I said sheepishly.

            With that, I guess the argument was settled, as she dragged me outside into the cold and began to walk towards the park, skipping as she went, her hat bouncing of her head just slightly with every jump.

            I followed her to the park and we found the bench that was the least covered with snow and sat down. I watched her watch the snowflakes fall, her eyes sparkling, and a shadow of a smile playing on her lips. I felt something in my stomach, a nervous type of energy, I wasn’t sure what it was until I realized what this moment was. With the snow falling, and her eyes almost hidden by her hat, her smile still the brightest thing I could see despite the shockingly white snowflakes all around me, I fell in love with her right then and there. The rest, as they say, is history.

 

Hassan

 

© 2015 Hassan99


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

really nice one.... i like the way you tried to minimize the conversation you put in the story... actually i too do the same... it's really good.. well done

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hassan99

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much, I really made an effort to use more description as opposed to conversation, I'm glad.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 15, 2015
Last Updated on August 15, 2015
Tags: romance, love, short story

Author

Hassan99
Hassan99

Princeton, NJ



About
I'm 16 years old and I love to free write! more..

Writing