Homework Help| The Democratic Management Style of Leadership

Homework Help| The Democratic Management Style of Leadership

A Story by Homework Prospect
"

The democratic style of management is also popularly known as the participatory decision making management style. Essentially, in the words of Ricky (2017), under this style of management, the top man

"

According to (Lowin, 2008), based on how much freedom of encouragement is allowed for the lower cadre workers to participate in the decision making process, the degree of employee’s participation in the organizational decision making process can range from zero to 100%. On the other hand, their participation may occur in different stages of the organization decision making and this should be construed to imply that their participation if limited to the final decision making proceses. 

How the employees benefits under the democratic management style

 First, in respect of management approach, the democratic management style allows the organization to benefit from the participation of all or a larger number of stakeholders in decision making. This ranges from the different cadres represented in the organization process to the other stakeholders within the organization. For example the coming together or the participation of different employees over the decision making purposes benefits everyone in the organization. For instance, the employees are able to become the major participants or as the group most impacted by such decisions. Take for example if an organization is faced with new challenges that are cropping up every other day in this modern world of dynamic influence; such as decision over the environment, health care, anti-animal cruelty among others, are critical for any organization. However, the most critical participants or implementers of such decision are the employees. It follows than that, though in some situations, such decisions may appear to have nothing to do with the core business of line of business for an organization the general employees of the organization have no part to play over decisions regarding such. Well, for sure, according to Lowin (2008), some employees may not see the importance of their business or it oriented organization has to do with environmental matter of conservation. However, if they are made to be part of the decision for the organization to adopt some environmental strategies, they may buy in to the idea merely because they were involved in the decision making process.  after all it is part of human nature to feel  a deeper ownership over what one participated in than what has been handed down to them as the final decision. In this case under the democratic management style, both the organization and the employees benefit from a shared decision making process this involves everyone from experts to the relevant NGOs, the government agencies, the volunteers in the organization as well as the inclusion of the memebrs of the public. 

Subsequently both the organization and the employees benefit from the perceived motivational influence created by this approach to management systems. When employees are allowed to take part over a decision making process they won the final decision. Additionally, they benefit from an improved understanding as well as improved perception between both the colleagues and the superiors; this in itself has major benefits the employees and helps the organization to enhance the personnel or the employee’s value in their organization. Besides, through the democratic method of organizational management, the employees benefit a lot from the participation in the organizational decision making proceses. For example, the approach allows the top management to empower the entire workforce through ensuring their completeness over the decision making thereby ultimately increasing their commitment to their organization team units. Moreover, it helps to generate increased commitment to the final decision taken for all the employees since they were part of the process. as a result, through this organization management approach, the organization is able to afford each team member an opportunity to provide their input as well as to share their perspectives , tap their skills as well as voice their ideas and concerns in the entire process of the decision making process. This helps to improve the team effectiveness and the overall organization efficiency. 

On the other hand, the democratic management approach to management benefits the employees in the organization through a wide array of organizational benefits. For instance, it has been shown to positively impact on the employees within the organization through the promotion of and creation of job satisfaction, improvement and enhancement to employee’s commitment to the organization, provision of the employees with a critical but importance perceived organizational support. On the other by character and nature, democratic management approach is a system of participatory management to the organization, as a result of this it helps to benefit the employees in the organization through self-improvement. It also helps the process of institutionalizing specific organizational citizenship behavior. 

According to Sagie (2013), it helps to promote and improve labor management relations since all the different parties in the organization have a means of understanding and assessing the feelings of the other employees. As a result of this, the organization benefits from both employees improved job performance as well as the improved overall organizational performance and thereby ultimately the improved organization profits.

Moreover, the democratic systems of organizational management benefits the employees through improved outcomes from their various tasks and chores assigned within the organization. For example by its nature as a participatory approach to management, democratic management style refers to the different aspects of both job satisfaction and perforamcen of the employees which are manifest across the employees in the forms of both commitment and producitivity. Through these aspects, the democratic style of management benefits the employees in the organization through the promotion of their overall work quality and efficiency. This can be evolved through a multiple and other differentiated and mixed layers depending on the terms of information access, the inherent proceses and dimensions as well as level of participation. 

Walker (2017) reiterates that, as a characteristically participatory management approach, this management style helps the organization to focus more on the work satisfaction and performance of the employees through their input over different matter of concern to the organization management. As a result it makes it possible for the organization to put in palce different measurement systems that can be applied for the identification of the different items as well as the other Inherent and relevant properties.

Conclusion

This form of organization management (democratic management style) represents just but one of the different models that can adopt or different organization for purposes of decision making processes. As a result it must be understood that the decision to adopt this lies with the top management of any organization. Hence the adoption and use of this management approach to organizational management depends on organizationa leaders to accept or feel it is the best management style for their organization in order to allow the organization to make the best of the resources at its disposal in achieving the best possible results. However, according to many schools of thought and specifically, those following the Abraham Maslow hierarchy of needs, this approach to organizational management is very important for the organization if the organization is to make the most of its workers. According to this school of thought, this approach to organization management allows or makes it posible for the workers to develop a sense of belonging to the organization. For example it creates an organization management approach that fosters a sense of shared leadership, promoted employees involvement, generates employee empowerment, allows the organization to develop a dispersed leadership founded on a systems of open book management or on an industrial democracy  as well as encourages the participation of all the stakeholders over all organizational decision.

© 2018 Homework Prospect


Author's Note

Homework Prospect
The article was published on/in/at the Homework Prospect

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6649 Views
Added on October 8, 2018
Last Updated on October 8, 2018
Tags: Homework Help, Just Do My Homework

Author

Homework Prospect
Homework Prospect

New York, NY



About
We provide homework help for academic papers. Choose from a pool of talented writes and watch as your essay is completed. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. more..

Writing