Fish:  Chapter 3

Fish: Chapter 3

A Chapter by Irena
"

Just another chapter...

"

I awoke when the sun hadn’t even risen yet.  My room was dark.  Some obnoxious beeping was getting louder and louder.  Why couldn’t that sound just shut up already?  I needed my beauty sleep.  It kept going and going, getting louder and faster each time.

“Turn off stupid alarm clock,” I mumbled in my half-asleep state, although it probably came out sounding like, “Trnahoff duh dupid larm glock.”  I was too tired to form coherent sentences.

The door creaked open and the beeping stopped.

“Thanks…”  I was about to fall back asleep when somebody threw open my curtains and said in a voice that was too cheery to be legal so early in the morning, “Good morning, Sunshine!”  It was Gram. 

“Gram it’s…” looked at the clock.  “6:00 in the morning!  Go back to sleep.” 

I lay back down on the warm, comfy, inviting bed, closed my eyes and pulled the covers over my head.

“Sweet dreams,” I yawned. 

She yanked the covers completely off of me.  This was absolutely uncalled for. 

“Wake up!”  Gram sang.  “There are things to do, places to be, people to see!  Rise and shine!”

Gram and Gramps are early birds.  Every morning they wake up at about 5:30 or 6:00 and it makes me think that they are absolutely insane.  How can I be related to people who enjoy waking up in the morning?  Not to mention, the fact that they manage to do this without even drinking one tiny sip of coffee.  If it were up to me, I would be snoring in my bed up until at least 1:00 pm. 

By the time I came downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast attempting too rub the sleep out of my eyes, the food was already on the table.  The plates were piled high with eggs, bacon and sausage.  How many times do I have to tell Gram that I do not eat meat?  


© 2011 Irena


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on January 15, 2011
Last Updated on January 15, 2011


Author

Irena
Irena

Springfield , VA



About
I may be a writer but I have no idea what to write in here. Hi. Read my stuff. :) more..

Writing
Blind Blind

A Stage Play by Irena


A Dream A Dream

A Poem by Irena


Stability Stability

A Poem by Irena