mom ?

mom ?

A Chapter by anonymoush
"

rainy days aren't so happy anymore

"
I ring the doorbell for the twelfth time, confused and agitated 'why isn't she opening the door', running my fingers through my damp hair and shivering on the doorstep. It had been just my luck that the one day I choose not to bring my sweater to school was the day the weather decided to act up, rainy days here were common seeing as we lived in sunny side Maine, note the sarcasm. I was about to ring it one more time when I remembered mom said she might be working late seeing as she got her hands on a new case. I bent down wiping my damp bangs out of my face grabbing the extra key we had hidden there 
'great i thought to myself why couldn't you have thought of this sooner'. 

Shaking my head i unlocked the door setting my backpack on the floor, I enter the living room unable to comprehend the scene unfolding before my eyes, it's as if my soul has left my body and i'm watching myself screaming, i fall to the floor scrubbing at my eyes 'this is a dream i tell myself it has to be , it's not real it's not ...' my internal monologue comes to a halt when i catch a glimpse of the knife in the dogs mouth. My mom lays sprawled over the floor, her blood spilled on the carpet like red wine; deep and clashing against our white carpet. her body is in an awkward position legs somehow tangled over one another her blouse ripped from cut after cut. It was like she was mauled by some animal but it made no sense, rufus waddled over me and I cowered in fear, there was a malicious glint in his eye that i didn't think was capable of anyone other than humans. I blinked and it was as if i had imagined it. Rufus dropped the knife at my feet and turned and walked out the door as if nothing had happened.

I crawled towards my mom my throat raw from screaming and cheeks damp with tears, I put my head on her chest and weeped, after a while i heard a thump thump, i sat up unbelieving that i heard her heartbeat, noting there was no time to waste if there was even a 1 percent chance she was alive i would take it. i fumbled with the phone and dialed 911.

the police arrived shortly after my mom had been taken to the hospital, despite all my protest they wouldn't tell me anything, they found me with my head in my hands and asked if i could come down to the station to answer some questions. i agreed numbly, confused as to how this all happened and how my day changed so much. the police office was in pandamonium; officers running around, the phone continuosly ringing, perpatrators leering through the steel bars.

the police officer sat me down, brought me some water my hands shaking as i accepted him gripping onto it as tight as i could feeling like i  might break at any second like i was as fragile as the china cup in my hand. the officer whose name i got from her nametag, officer peeta peered at me over my glasses listing my mother's wounds and the evidence they found. I was only half listening, my mind replaying the scene of seeing my mother in that state over and over again."Ruby ... " I tuned back in to what the officer was saying as i heard my name," all the evidence points towards you, that you stabbed your mother ......


© 2017 anonymoush


Author's Note

anonymoush
there will be more chapters note this is a short story

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow! im shaking this is so good

Posted 6 Years Ago


anonymoush

6 Years Ago

thank u for ur comment

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 25, 2017
Last Updated on October 25, 2017
Tags: death, dog, mom, murder, blood, teen, guilty, police


Author

anonymoush
anonymoush

Nairobi , Kenya



About
17, likes law shows and everything art more..

Writing
chao chao

A Poem by anonymoush