Her Wall

Her Wall

A Poem by Lexi Nicole
"

You watch her build her wall brick by brick.

"

You watch her
Build her wall
Brick by brick
Stone by stone
She builds her
Wall so high
You just can’t
Help but wonder
Why she builds
That wall. You
don’t want to
Be kept out
Of her world
By that wall
But you don’t
Know that she’s
Not trying to
Distance herself from
You. She’s just
Trying to see
If you love
Her enough to
Climb over her
Wall and show
Her you care.

© 2009 Lexi Nicole


Author's Note

Lexi Nicole
Based on a quote that someone had on deviantART. "I've built a wall not to block anyone out but to see who loves me enough to climb over".

Comments and crit welcome :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
a
A true tragady appears when one is tryong to lock one's self away from everyone else, I think we all have been in a similar situation, the best thing to do, of course, is to break "the wall" down by every cause, in any possible way.
I see this as a bit banal idea in the ending, I believed in the beginning's flow, but your language is beautiful, I love your style of writing, and this particular poem is very attractive and powerful, yet easy to read and very memorable.
thank you very much!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow.. powerful and true.. walls can be a necessary thing.. to protect us from the bad in the world.. it's when the walls have no entrances and are too high to climb over that problems occur.. I agree with the meaning of this writing.. if someone "really" loves someone they will take the time to climb.. love is not easy street.. smart people have walls.. thank you for sharing!!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem reminds me of myself. I'm not looking for a boyfriend or anything, but there are just so many stupid people that I wonder how I'm ever supposed to trust anybody. I even do that to people who want to be my friend, I build up this wall. Thanks for making me realize a flaw! haha.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 21, 2009

Author

Lexi Nicole
Lexi Nicole

NY



About
Live. Love. Write. I'm 20 years old. I've been writing since I was 4. Writing is more than just a hobby. It's my passion, my drug, my therapy and my life. twitter.com/snarkvenger iaintbegginw.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Man Old Man

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Tin Man Tin Man

A Poem by Tate Morgan