She Danced

She Danced

A Poem by Lexi Nicole
"

The night fell away with her fragile pirouette.

"

And the night falls away
With her fragile pirouette
She leaps into her new day
Reaches high for the sun
Feels the music run through her
Feels her body become…


Just another part
Of this lovely world
Creating her art
Balancing high on her toes
She turns on the clouds
Lets herself go…

 


Her own sweet heaven
Color splashed on gray canvas
There are no limits
To what she can do
She is never alone
When the magic of dance
Swims in her veins.

© 2009 Lexi Nicole


Author's Note

Lexi Nicole
Yeah...Inspired by Tallulah's poem "To Dance". Do read it, it's great.
There is a story behind this. Dance used to be a major part of my life until about two or three years ago. My dance studio was getting a bit to business-y and the prices just kept going up. On top of that, I was dealing with a knee injury, so I ended up dropping dance mid-season. My mom and I tried looking for new studios, but even when we thought we found one things started coming up. I must say, it really hurts. I cry when I watch dance performances because I want it back so badly. So yes, there is my long story behind my poem.
Comments and crit on this piece are welcome <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"The night fell away with her fragile pirouette."

That line is obviously the most beautiful in the poem. It speaks so loudly. The fact I have posted once before is apparent, but I walked across this again and couldn't resist. Thank you for sharing.

-Anee

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very uplifting and lovely. I like how at the beginning you say "her fragile pirouette" but at the end you say she has "no limits" and is "never alone". It gives a great sense of both how people might perceive her while watching her dance (beautiful and fragile) as well as how she feels about herself while she dances (unstoppable). Very good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I can only say that it's great.

Posted 14 Years Ago


OOH i love this. Cant belive my poem inspired this. Makes me feel so special. Great job. our stories about dance are pretty much the same its creepy how similar we are. but then again we are twins lol.
Great job.


Posted 14 Years Ago


Pretty ^^ I miss making you watch your dance recitals with me XD

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2009
Last Updated on June 5, 2009

Author

Lexi Nicole
Lexi Nicole

NY



About
Live. Love. Write. I'm 20 years old. I've been writing since I was 4. Writing is more than just a hobby. It's my passion, my drug, my therapy and my life. twitter.com/snarkvenger iaintbegginw.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..