Lasso the Sun

Lasso the Sun

A Poem by hoyt
"

A poem i wrote for the "what if" contest.... what if we could, ...should we?

"

Lasso the Sun…


What if we
could lasso the sun,
Pull it in
to where the day begun,
Then slowly let the rope
slide from our hand,
while the day that just ended
started again.

What if by choice
we chose the day,
To rope and relive
 in our life replay.
What day would we choose.
Which would it be.
A birthday? a hike?
A day at sea,?
Maybe a day just playing,
Or laying around,.
Or creating with colors
Or just writing things down?.

Perhaps the most
special day we would snare
Would be a  time with warmth
 Romance in the air,
A day of dance and passion,
And smiles and  touch
wrapped in intimacy
deeply felt so much.

But, what if we chose just one
Over and over to replay?
The day that was special,
Would become just a day.
But we know it’s in the simplest way,
That hope is birthed for tomorrow
 It’s magic to display.

So, what if we could
really lasso  the sun?
It doesn’t mean we should.
We should lay the rope down.
Because the magic isn’t tomorrow
It’s  in our soul always,
What is special is in us
and not in times or days.
So free the sun!
it will come again,
Now is what is special
this moment Life is lived in!

© 2009 hoyt


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem is the very truth.. a special day would not be special if we relived it over and over... it was special because it is something we don't get to enjoy all the time.. and everything we do is different each and every day!!! Live for the moment... savour the moments.. live day-by-day and make each count!!! Love this writing as it is an inspirational "What if"... pivots to the positive!!! thank you for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So true, every day is a gift and we should relish all the special moments without living in the past too much.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the images this conjures for me... an aging cowboy, probably from Montana or Texas or some other foreign country, standing at the edge of a the sunset- challenging the universe to give hi his misspent youth back. How many of us live like that cowboy, asking "what if" in retrospect, bemoaning what will never happen again? What if... we started asking "what if?" only when referring to our future? For isn't the point to make every day more special than the last? To lasso the feelings and hold them close, but let them free enough to grow of their own volition?

Thank you for making me both smile and think tonight... rare to find a piece that does both!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ah the age old question, "What if...".. This is beautifully written, and the subject is one I have never thought of before. Interesting concept.. Hmm, what would I do, I think just what you wrote, lay down that rope as a new day will dawn. Beautiful write here my friend..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is beautiful. I enjoyed how you capture so much thought and meaning into finding what day we truly would love to live over, if we, the reader, had a choice.

Now, for a little constructive criticism . . . hope you don't mind . . .

The flow was really amazing, up until the fourth stanza. I got a little lost there.

"Would become just a day.
We know it is in
the simplest day,
that hope is birthed for tomorrow
it's own magic to display."

I think this would read better if it was . . .

"Would become just a day.
We know it's in the simplest way
that hope is birthed for tomorrow
it's own magic to display."

Just my opinion. Sometimes it's hard to read a poem with more than two, 2-lettered words in a row.

Truly, it is a magnificent poem that created a smile in this reader and made me reflect on which day, if I had a choice, that I would want to relive . . . over . . .

Too many! Thank God.

Hugs to you, my poet friend :)





Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes very well expressed... so many times we want to go back and change certain moments or relive others, but changing things don't mean it necessarily be better and the special moments are still in our hearts... plus both the good and bad moments make us who we are now... just live for today and do the best you can... sound advice wrapped up in a incredible poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem is the very truth.. a special day would not be special if we relived it over and over... it was special because it is something we don't get to enjoy all the time.. and everything we do is different each and every day!!! Live for the moment... savour the moments.. live day-by-day and make each count!!! Love this writing as it is an inspirational "What if"... pivots to the positive!!! thank you for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2009
Last Updated on March 26, 2009

Author

hoyt
hoyt

Rockledge, FL



About
HI!... :-) ".."Look in thy heart and write" is good counsel for poets; but when a poet looks in his heart he finds many things there besides the actual. That is why, and how, he is a poet." ...C.S... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You Never Knew You Never Knew

A Poem by Bud


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason