Anger

Anger

A Story by Hristina
"

I had an argument with one of my closest friends. We both were angry and some rude words were said. I was affected when I wrote it but I think it turned out just fine. I'd like to hear your opinions.

"
Have you ever felt this feeling before? It's like you can't breathe, like you're in the middle of a fire and the flames are surrounding you. You can't run, you can't scream, you become a witness of your own doom.
It's like you're under water and you're falling deeper end deeper to the bottom of an endless ocean. You can't fight, you can't hear anything, you become an observer of what is about to happen. This is called anger.
You're standing there on your two feet with clenched fists and empty mind, ready to attack anyone who gets in your way. And for what? To defend your opinion? Or it's a matter of who is right and who is wrong? You can't realize the damage you're causing all around you. But it's not even you. Because in the end you don't remember what you said. Well, at least I don't.
This rage is so... overwhelming that my sole exploded in flames. I could feel the reckless words as they left my mouth - honest and crushing.
Is it worth it - to hurt someone's feelings although it was never your intention. Actually it's the desire to release the pressure, building in your chest that drives you.
Suddenly it hits you - the consequences of what you've done. You don't want to admit it was your words which destroyed the last piece of the bond between you and the one person you trusted most.
Finally, regret - it gives you an opportunity to think and figure out the best way to apologize.
Too late. It's already over...

© 2018 Hristina


Author's Note

Hristina
I'd like to know if there are any grammar problems and what do you think about the monologue itself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on March 13, 2018
Last Updated on March 13, 2018
Tags: anger, fight, regret, emotion, friendship, bond, trust, feelings, damage, rage

Author

Hristina
Hristina

Bulgaria



About
Hi, everyone! My name is Hristina and I am from Bulgaria. I am 17. I usually write compositions, essays, song lyrics and monologues. I do not have a lot of experience and I have never shared my work w.. more..

Writing
Most people Most people

A Poem by Hristina