Why Are The Good Left Out

Why Are The Good Left Out

A Poem by CJ

 Why Are The Good Left Out

 

 

Why are the good left out

Left without a doubt 

It is only in their minds 

That everything is the same

And many are to blame        

For the shame and guilt I feel

I just do not know how to deal with it

I am but one person 

But I try my hardest to live

I live to prove myself to others

To prove I am not like the rest

My heart is full of love and compassion

I am not like every other pest

Bothering you like a fly

Buzzing in the ear of love

If it is good people look for

Then why are the good always left out

© 2009 CJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this
=]
Great flowing poem
good work


Posted 15 Years Ago


It's true that the good guys always finish last. All too often I see the girl who likes the bad guy, the one with the leather who rides his bike, and they're all upset because of something he either did or did not do, and they are complaining about it to whom? The GOOD guy. The one who has a job, drives a sedan, dresses nice, goes to church, the one who appreciates women for not only their beauty but their minds and companionship. No, no, no it's not like it's not right THERE in front of their eyes. IT IS! Though they refuse to see it. And why? Because of the excitement of it all. It's more exciting to take a chance with the bad guy. It's more exciting to park your behind on his bike and zoom down the street giggling and believe that you are "showing off" to the rest of the world. But one day, and this happens more often than I'd like to admit, that same girl ends up pregnant with his second child, divorced, jobless, and on government assistance... all because she wanted to take a chance with the bad guy. Instead on banking on something secure, like the good guy. But wait, wait, in enters the good guy now. What's he doing? Being a dad to those kids, picking up the pieces and doing the dirty work. Yeah, it proves he's the good guy. But still it doesn't change... as you so aptly pointed out... the good get left behind. Thanks for sharing this great thought provoking piece. I apologize for running a bit long, but you really got me to thinking. Take care of yourself! =o)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this! its really thought-provoking...i really admire ur question as it's a question I ask almost every day!
Keep up the writing...
I'll Be reading..
And remember to return the fave :) :D

God Bless

~~BlessedLove~~;)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2009

Author

CJ
CJ

Loudon, TN



About
I am a junior at Loudon High school. I live in a small Tennessee town, Loudon, and is not the most likely place to find a young poet like myself. I enjoy listening to all rock and metal 60's through t.. more..

Writing
Love's Hold Love's Hold

A Poem by CJ


A Silent Love A Silent Love

A Poem by CJ