Beautiful Dream

Beautiful Dream

A Story by Sam

Today, I woke up in a dream. I felt heat on my face and my body felt feather-light. When I opened my eyes, I didn't see my ceiling. Instead my eyes fluttered against the bright light of the sun. It shone through a canopy of green leaves and branches. Beautiful nightingales danced among high blossoms, singing a sweet song. For a moment I closed my eyes again and let the musical notes float around me. And for that moment it was my imagination. Until I felt one brush my cheek. I gasped and saw bright rainbow colored butterflies twirling in the air to the rhythm of the nightingales song.

Before anything else happened, I heard one more sweet thing that broke into my attention. A deep voice. I sat up and looked to the source, seeing a young man lean against a tree, some distance away. A shadow was cast over him, I couldn't see his face. But somehow I just knew that he was smiling at me. My heart swelled and I quickly tossed my legs over the side of the bed. I even gasped when I realized I had been sleeping on a bed of pink and red roses. Furthermore, my pajamas were gone. Instead a pure white sun dress replaced them.

You're beautiful. A voice spoke into my mind, as I stood. The earth was firmly packed beneath my bare feet. Ignoring everything else, I approached the mystery man, already having suspicions as to who he was. Just as I stepped under the tree, pink petals suddenly began falling, like snow. I was distracted for only a second. And in that second, the man pushing himself off the tree, and disappeared behind it.

Come this way, Fraulein.” His laugh was more then happy. Just hearing it seemed to make my stomach fill with warm liquid that heated me from the inside. I couldn't tell if it was the sound of his laugh or if it was the name on his lips. Despite the petals getting caught in my hair, I hurried along after him.

The next thing I know, all I see is his back disappearing into a small cave, somewhat hidden by tall lilac bushes. I inhale their smell deeply as I pass by. Though I was entering the dark, I wasn't scared. Somehow, I knew that no harm would come to me. I thoughtlessly followed the man, wondering where he could be.

I am here, Fraulein.” A hand took my wrist gently and I was twirled into another body. One hand circled around to my back, drawing me closer. The other cupped my cheek gently, turned it up and then..............

I thanked you for being my dream.

© 2012 Sam


Author's Note

Sam
You called me Fraulein...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very dream-like (which is the way I believe you intended it!). The imagery is so beautiful and makes me wish I could visit this place! Gorgeous, poetic writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was amazing and beautiful with a wonderful cliffhanger. I really liked it.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was really amazing and beautiful. I liked it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great write.. . I love the way you ended it!! Woderful job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


that was great! you chose a wonderful way to end a story becouse it is a clifhanger but the reader can easily guess what happens next

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2012
Tags: love, dance, garden, dream, mystery, kiss

Author

Sam
Sam

Portland, ME



About
I'm a 17 year old female writer-to-be doing the same high school gig. I'm about as average as can be with a world of imagination only known to me =) I haven't really been writing for long. About 5 y.. more..

Writing
Role Playing Role Playing

A Story by Sam


Reflection Reflection

A Story by Sam


I tried I tried

A Poem by Sam