He was once the first, now he is the forty-fifth

He was once the first, now he is the forty-fifth

A Story by Jarold Kochmen
"

A traveler comes from past to rewrite the present...

"

Democratic Front Runner Bernie Sanders has now stated that every American will have a free Prius by 2019, on the Republican side, Donald Trump now talks of a wall that reaches encloses all of Mexico, which is the more outrageous claim? We report, you decide. Two longtime friends heard in the background of their shared apartment on 5th and Poplar in downtown Seattle. Nick, a rather handsome red-head known for his charismatic smile and hardworking attitude and Jordan, a plump fellow who doesn’t back down from a good social gathering. “Our founding fathers symbolized something. The working man, the pursuit of happiness, our God given freedoms for crying out loud. Look at the state of the nation now. Look at who wants to represent the United States of America, do you think these goons would stand a chance against George Washington?” Nick gestured towards the television. “I think that blank stare means you agree.” “Uh yeah I guess so? What are you going to do? Bring the founding fathers here?” inquired Jordan. Rather excitedly Nick exclaimed “Precisely! Who better to take the helm than George freaking Washington?” “Nick! He has no idea what modern technology is like, why am I even saying this, you have no idea how to time-travel idiot.” Nick expressed a face of surprised as he had not yet thought of if time-travel was possible but rather the outcome of said travel.

              The sitting area between the couch, on which the two friends sat, and the TV, which displayed a side by side of presidential nominees Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, suddenly erupted into a frenzy of wind and blinding lights. “Holy s**t! What is happening?” Jordan screamed before taking refuge behind the now overturned couch. A large silhouette appeared from the center of the lights. A middle-aged man could now be seen, standing at about six foot three with his powdered wig on and wearing a long cotton coat that covered his knee high leather boots and flint locked pistol. “G-G-G- George Washington?” Nick stammered as the last sheets of paper began to settle. The man stood there, assessing the damage he had caused and taking in the rather foreign technology he now sees. “I have been summoned, tell me why or I will leave at once.”

© 2016 Jarold Kochmen


Author's Note

Jarold Kochmen
Should I continue this? Kinda thought of this and let it flow..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on April 17, 2016
Last Updated on April 17, 2016
Tags: president, Trump, Washington, coat, time, travel, cool, new

Author

Jarold Kochmen
Jarold Kochmen

About
Just started writing fictional short stories. Attending an American University. more..

Writing