This Should be Fear

This Should be Fear

A Story by Frankie Nguyen

            This moment. This moment had to be the scariest of my life. Staring down the barrel of a SIG-Sauer P239 handgun hadn’t been my plan. My job had been put a bullet through this guy’s head. Not the other way around. He had caught me off guard and now was pointing my own gun at me. How I was going to get out of this I didn’t know. All I knew was I had to. I had to get out of this situation. You see I am an assassin, a trained killer. I was taken from the streets and trained to kill. I didn’t have a family or anyone to love. They trained me and gave me a new life. I’ve been killing people since I was seventeen and I’m twenty-two now. I’ve taken more than thirty lives. How he caught me off guard I don’t know. He just did. He didn’t say much. He just stared. How could he possibly hurt someone? His eyes were warm; his hands gripped the weapon with an unsure, but firm grip. He looked like he was about nineteen maybe twenty. He looked like he was smart and had lots of friends maybe even a lover. Why they wanted him dead I didn’t know. I didn’t ask questions. Though he looked smart I could tell he was book smart, not gun smart. He’d probably never even shot a gun before; let alone a human; someone that was breathing, someone who was alive. “You going to pull the trigger or just stare at me?” I asked him. I was growing bored and tired of having my hands up. My knees were already killing me. Due to the concrete floor I was kneeling on. We were in an abandoned warehouse. You know the creepy kind with cold concrete floors, dripping water from unknown places and rats. Yeah we were there. It was musty and was in need of a lot more windows. “Shut up!” he yelled at me, the gun now shaking in his hands. “It’s a simple question kid. You going to shoot me or not?” he didn’t reply to me, but continued to stare. “You can’t shoot me can you?” I snickered standing up and let my hands fall to my sides. I watched as he took a couple steps back. Me standing must have made him nervous. “You don’t have the guts to take a human life.” I was now smiling at him watching as his hands became more and more unsteady. “Well you know what. I’ve taken over thirty lives and I’m only twenty-two.” I smirked at him as he took another step back. “I can,” he whispered looking down at the floor. “What was that I don’t think I heard you.” I took a step towards him. “I can,” he said looking up at me. “I can,” he said a loud bang coming from my gun.

© 2011 Frankie Nguyen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this, the assasin being proved wrong by someone who looks like a normal person without any training. I think it shows that when people really want to live, they will do just about anything to make sure that they live. I don't know if you meant to say anything like that, but that is kind of what I got out of it. I really love it, I love the descriptions, you make things so easy to picture, it's really wonderful! I love your writing, great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 23, 2011