Momma

Momma

A Story by Frankie Nguyen

        I always here girls say that their mom is their best friend. I haven't been so lucky. I only lived with my mom the nine months she was pregnant and eleven months after that. She missed a lot including my first word. We never got that mother-daughter bond that people talk about. Many years have gone by and she missed it all. Not only did she miss my first word, but she missed my first day of school, my graduation, and my first boyfriend. I don't have fond memories of my mom. I don't remember her hugs when i skinned a knee or sitting in my room sharing secrets. She wasn't there to first see me drive or first ride my bike. So many things that she wasn't there for. When I had my first "time of the month", I didn't run to mommy. I ran to grandma. You see my dad worked a lot so my only mom was my grandma. I ran to her when I skinned my knee or needed help with homework. Nowadays we've gotten somewhat closer than we were. We see each other every so often. Maybe, possibly, three times a month. We shop, talk and maybe a vacation this summer. I'm not saying that she's a bad mom or that I hate her. I'm just saying I wish she was there. I wish she wouldn't judge me or tell me who to date. I wish she would lighten up. Tell me she's proud of me and be happy, that I'm happy. I wish she was in my life like she's in my half sisters. I wish she was there to pick me up when I was down, take me to school, and go to school events. I wish the mom she has I had when I was growing up.

© 2011 Frankie Nguyen


Author's Note

Frankie Nguyen
sorry it's so short

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on January 31, 2011
Last Updated on January 31, 2011