Empty Soul

Empty Soul

A Poem by Ian Craven

Empty soul of the night you come upon me in the light. Declaring your ways of good and evil it makes my insides confused and feeble. Brightness shining through the soul appears to people to make me whole. Seeping anger all around my heart pumps a thudding sound. It rises up and then goes down until it’s ready for another round. Justice sits on the other side voicing itself in all its pride. It gives clarity to the right and wrong partnering with anger to make a song. It stirs inside me a voice of power breaking the bar of norms. Chains melt and people cry as they walk out of the plague of lies. Others condemn and say there’s no way, this should never be preached, go away. A lack of understanding is division between the souls, the work of the beast as he unfolds. A preaching from love and soundness of mind, fullness of spirit as one abides. Yet maybe anger disintegrating love is the trouble within my core. A miry clay winding in my soul until I throw it up and it sounds like scold. Should boldness be lacked inside a man preaching the Gospel from land to land? Meaning and virtue must be rekindled to uplift society in the middle. Gather the sticks and branches you see, light them on fire and one flame we’ll be. What after all, separates you from me?

© 2016 Ian Craven


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It feels dark and desperate. ...and it draws you in to keep reading....i can see the first page of a book in this.... great writing! Only one comment if you separated it in poetic form it would read even more dramatic.....just a thought.

Posted 7 Years Ago


You have written a gorgeous poem. Your structure and words keep the poem flowing, and your descriptions are beautifully done. I loved the way I could feel your words as a sense of reality.

Posted 7 Years Ago


i love this Ian !!!!
you are awsome as always !!!
your work is unique and i want be a good writer like you!!!
thanks for such a heart felt poem

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like this one the line that struck me was "A lack of understanding is division between the souls" You should read this on World Poetry Open Mic www.worldpoetryopenmic.net 8pm Mountain time Call 720 240 9766 or use Skype ID worldpoetryopenmic Great work, would love to hear it in the author's voice!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Intriguing, seems like a religious ranting.

Powerful wording 'this should never be preached'.

Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2016
Last Updated on January 7, 2016

Author

Ian Craven
Ian Craven

Eastanollee, GA



About
I'm a short story writer, poet and novelist. I spend most of my free time writing. Feel free to be my friend. I like meeting new people. I welcome constructive criticism on my writing. more..

Writing
Stars Stars

A Poem by Ian Craven