Lugubriosity

Lugubriosity

A Poem by icaros13
"

...

"
Rapture, torn asunder by evil necessary kismet
Prematurely ripping self from self without ceremony
Sleep, the only refuge from doleful meditation

Exquisite words of lovesome destiny and ardent lofty dream
Are of but little comfort against sagacious musings;
Cinematic scrollings of tempestuous contingency

Father Time, the master of hypomnesia
Is the warden of this prison of separation
Fear of fading resolution an all consuming blaze








 





© 2012 icaros13


Author's Note

icaros13
Got the blues and a broken guitar string...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

oh no...blues and broken strings do not go together. I have to admit to having to look up lugubriosity. I really appreciate the use of extensive vocabulary you use in just about all your writes. If it is kismet, then is it possible to sink into a weakening resolution? But that is not the real issue addressed in this write though, the focusing issue is the fear of it weakening, due to human frailty or weakness or lack of confidence in there-of and no strings, damn.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your words are certainly flamboyant, with deeply embedded meanings. I don't understand any of it, such as the expression "ripping self from self". I have few good teeth left so I need something soft to chew. I'm sure others can wrestle with this chunk of buffalo jerky (I used to like jerky). There is definitely a place for esoteric poems that require mental gymnastics to understand, and this one is right up there. I do the child-level, simpleton poems, for my simple brain. Keep on writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


oh no...blues and broken strings do not go together. I have to admit to having to look up lugubriosity. I really appreciate the use of extensive vocabulary you use in just about all your writes. If it is kismet, then is it possible to sink into a weakening resolution? But that is not the real issue addressed in this write though, the focusing issue is the fear of it weakening, due to human frailty or weakness or lack of confidence in there-of and no strings, damn.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is absolutely gorgeous, Mike. It may be one of your most melodic writes. I feel your pain in waiting, your yearning in reverie. This is most exquisitely expressed and i'm in awe of it. You have truly transcended in your poetry, each write is a new and breathtaking adventure. Your words are shining with finesse, fraught with hurt, lofty with an optimistic hope for love. Each line is perfect and i'm in awe of it. You are an extremely good poet and I am humbled by your words, like always. Wonderfully written. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. worry not, my friend ... you have utilized this time well ... by writing in exquisite english ... with precision in choice of vocabulary ... when the next phase arrives ... you shall look back and smile ... you will know ... that this is just a phase ... and beyond this is another phase ... but that one is better ... this shall lead to that greater consciousness of who you are ... and you will know how spectacular you are ...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 22, 2012
Last Updated on May 30, 2012
Tags: poetry, poem, prose

Author

icaros13
icaros13

Kansas, OK



About
For we have thought the larger thoughts And gone the shorter way. And we have danced to devil's tunes, Shivering home to pray; To serve one master in the night, Another in the day. ..I do love.. more..

Writing
Sarah Sarah

A Poem by icaros13



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..