Depression

Depression

A Story by Julia Ruble
"

My thoughts. & Story

"
   A black hole. A black hole of lies. Problems. Misunderstanding. But most of all people who don't care all that much. People who revolve around only themselves. Or don't revolve around anyone at all. You may not know what is exactly wrong with you, but you know for a fact that something must be wrong. It's that moment when you don't feel joy in the things that used to make you happy. Now just pushing through the day is a battle. Everyone against you. The human race trying to take you down within every word. It's that certain look in somebody's eyes... when all you see is blankness. Like they have lost everything. They look lost in life. They look lost in their battle. Whether they're smiling or not, you know for a fact that their body is limp, their eyes are crammed with absolutely nothing, and when you see them walking... you can tell that they have no general direction like they don't know where they are going and they could care less the direction they're facing. But one thing you know for sure is that they have stumbled into that black hole of people who don't care and don't wish to understand. They have been drained of all hope, love, and most importantly happiness. And honestly it's the scariest thing ever when you look behind a smile.. And see nothing but sad eyes. And at this point of my life when I look into the faded mirror is a depressed mess. Hopelessness in my eyes... As the sadness pours out like a tsunami of feelings. I don't see the point of living anymore. Living is something for people who mean something to the world, who can impact it, and people who can make it a better place. I can't though. I'm not even worthy of the space in this universe. My inspiration and happiness has left... And just like the rain...depression has flooded my heart. I used to always be able to help others with their problems. But how can I help others if I can't help myself?

© 2013 Julia Ruble


Author's Note

Julia Ruble
Opinions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

expresses exactly what it feels like to be depressed. i know all about the alienation from people who don't understand what you're going through. they're too caught up in themselves to care about others. it sucks having no enjoyment from things that use to bring joy. it's good you expressed exactly what the rest of us can't articulate. excellent job.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2013
Last Updated on September 16, 2013
Tags: depression, sad, life, love, help, read, review

Author

Julia Ruble
Julia Ruble

Thorton, CO



Writing