For Baby Cameron

For Baby Cameron

A Poem by Kora Williams

It's been thirty-three weeks since I was told you were growing inside me,

Thirty-three weeks of anticipation,

Thirty-three weeks of uncertainty,

Thirty-three weeks of fear,

Thirty-three weeks of joy.

 

I remember the first time I bled,

I was so scared that I cried all the way to the hospital.

I cried while your daddy and I waited in the emergency room.

I cried while the doctor performed the ultrasound,

Then, I cried even more when I saw your little body for the first time.

At twelve weeks you were barley two inches long,

But you were the most beautiful little two inches that I ever set eyes on!

 

When I was just over twenty weeks along, me and your daddy got married,

On January 13, 2012 I became Kora Nicole Williams.

We didn’t need a huge glamorous weeding.

But I swear as soon as I said “I DO”, I felt you kick for the first time!

 

Being in the Army and being pregnant wasn’t (and still isn’t) the easiest thing to handle.

Constantly stressing about paperwork,

Promotions, reductions, bitching, moaning, complaints!

Let’s just say your mommy is one tough cookie.

 

I have a couple of more weeks until you grace us with your presence Cameron.

Your Abuela threw you a dinosaur theme baby shower!

It was perfect, a lot of people weren’t there, but it was special all the same.

Your room also has a dinosaur theme.

I’m sure you’ll love it!

 

I also got to see you in 3d/4d!

It was the best thing in the world, and I don’t think I will ever forget your little secret smiles.

You were SO stubborn,

You kept your arm over your face for most of the session.

But boy, when you put that arm down and yawned,

My heart skipped a beat.

 

So, Little Cameron Dominic Williams

I just wanted to let you know,

That mommy and daddy love you so very much!

And when you get here on June 8th,

We’ll be ready and waiting with open arms.

 

                                                  XOXO,

            

   Mommy

© 2012 Kora Williams


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Kora Williams
Sorry for any grammar errors :) but this is a personal peice and i just wrote it how i liked it.

Cameron Was born May 2, 2012. 6 weeks preemature and he is healthy and strong and beautiful!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is lovely. :) The joy of being a mother and the excitement of being one. It's as if I can feel you as you describe how baby Cameron makes you smile, excited and everything about. Surely he is one blessed child to have a tough and loving mommy like you. Time is nearing then, I'll grab this opportunity now to say: CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awh:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Getting to be a mother is the most amazing thing this world and the next can offer. I gave birth to my first on May 5, 2012. I am telling you I couldn't have more joy in my heart and soul. Beautifully written dear one! BEAUTIFUL! and congrats!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Here's hoping he is still doing well! Fingers crossed. Great write about the joy of it all.

Posted 11 Years Ago


:))))

I have two children...so I've been there. It's a moment you'll never forget. And when he's older...he'll cherish this writing of yours forever.

Muse

Posted 11 Years Ago


What lovely anticipation of a child by a mother.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is lovely...just the perfect piece to read on the perfect day...good luck n best wishes for you and your baby....happy mother's day:):):):).

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! It's amazing to see the little Cameron that you talked so lovingly about finally here!

He is absolutely beautiful! Best wishes to you and the family! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Cameron!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I don't think I will ever forget your little secret smiles." That line is my favorite! This piece is just beautiful, and even through all the stress you describe it makes me anxious for motherhood. I felt your joy and pain and fear in this piece communicated so simply and concisely. Truly beautiful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is lovely. :) The joy of being a mother and the excitement of being one. It's as if I can feel you as you describe how baby Cameron makes you smile, excited and everything about. Surely he is one blessed child to have a tough and loving mommy like you. Time is nearing then, I'll grab this opportunity now to say: CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

948 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 6, 2012
Tags: baby, love

Author

Kora Williams
Kora Williams

Fort Gordon, GA



About
My name is Kora Nicole Williams, I am 20 years old and I have an 8month old son named Cameron! I'm married and in the United States Army (along with my husband). I'm also working on my BA in Criminal.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..