Aerounat

Aerounat

A Story by ihavewriterblock
"

Just a taste of the first chapter of the book im writing looking for any feedback posible good or bad. If its good then i will just continue and keep posting it in here.

"

Chapter 1

Arrival

It was already the fourth week of spring according to the calendar, but it seemed that winter liked to overstay its welcome. Instead of radiant sunshine and blooming flowers, black clouds stretched all the way to the horizon. Leaving the air with a cold and depressing atmosphere. One would question the existence of the sun if it wasn’t for one mere ray of sunshine slipping through a crack in clouds, landing on a huge grey concrete building which sign read “Jackson Atlanta International Airport”.

As the clouds moved through the sky the lonely ray moved as well, diffracting itself on the numerous windows of the building, illuminating some of the thousands of people leaving and entering through its the glass doors. Each and every one of them had someone waiting for them at the other side, everyone expect a young man sleeping on a chair in a recluse are of the airport, whose flight had arrived hours ago. The young man was fairly tall but nothing that one could consider weird or noticeable. His long messy brown hair, which hadn’t been cut for months, was being kept in place by a poor excuse of a hairstyle. A long dark blue jacket covered his dirty brown shirt, which had not been clean for weeks, and his jeans and sneakers matched his style, both being way bigger and dirtier than what would have been socially acceptable.

As the ray continued its way, it placed itself on the face of the young man, stopping exactly on his closed eyes, revealing his eye bags. It stayed in place almost as if it wanted to catch the young man’s attention. After a while the young man’s eyes started to twitch, finally  giving up and exposing a deep brown color. The young man slowly moved his hand trying to block the ray. But no matter where he moved it, the ray always seemed to find a way to hit him directly in the eyes. Finally he gave up and leaned forward, pressing his hands over his pale face helping it regain a bit of color.  Getting up in a sudden movement. The young man jumped on his spot, making the saggy jeans fall slightly down. Passing one hand through his hair, trying to give it some shape, he grabbed a large green back pack next to him, letting fall a number of travel papers on the floor. Giving a long sigh the young man went on his knees and proceeded to cram the papers in the front pocket of the already stuffed bag until only one paper was left. He looked at the paper, hesitating to grab it. It was an old plane ticket, wrinkled and damaged on the edges, which read “Flight NK-162” from Atlanta, Georgia to Heathrow London. After what it felt like minutes, with great care the young man reached for the ticket, placing it in the inside pocket of his jacket.

Not knowing how much time the young man had been asleep, he took out his watch. It was a simple metal analog watch with a cracked screen and a missing handle, which time had long been stopped. “10:45” it read.  He proceeds to walk alone with the numerous thoughts in his head towards the glass doors.  The closer he approached the doors, the noisier the airport became. With hundreds of people screaming about delayed flights and overweight bags,  a dozens of crying babies and the speakers calling Carlos an eleventh time. One would expect the young man to be annoyed by the chaos around him. But this was nothing more than a minor background noise for him. The voices in his head screamed louder than any mother looking for her son or any flight attendant arguing with a drunk passenger. “You failed” they said “Why have you done this” resonated in his head. This thoughts played in his mind like a broken recorder at full volume, given him a huge headache that he gracefully accepted, as a little advanced punishment for what he had done. After a long walk evading carrier bags and running children he reached the glass doors. As they opened a familiar face stopped him dead on his tracks. It was a beautiful young woman staring at him. Her slender tall body, brown hair and big blue eyes brought a smile upon the young man´s face. But after a couple seconds that smile quickly fainted given path to a haunting look in his eyes.

-”Why did you came back?” - said the woman with a playful voice and a smile. Sending a shivering sensation through the young man´s back.

Not responding, he bite his lower lip and clenched his fist. Letting his face be slowly engulfed by sorrow.

-”You have nothing left here, you gave it all up”- Continued the young woman as she slowly approached him.

-”I have no where else to go” -he whispered, lowering his chin.

The young woman´s smile turned upside down.

-”And whose fault is that”- said the young woman as she stands in front of him.

-”I'm sorry”- mumbled the young man refusing to look at her.

-”Sorry for what?”- said the young woman. Placing her hand on the young man's cheek, giving him a pitiful look.

But no feeling of warmth came from her hand. Just a profound feeling of absence. He knew she wasn’t real, he knew she wasn’t here anymore. But even though he could rationalized his insanity, she was still there and every ounce of his body was screaming to hold her. So with a slow pace and a broken smile he passed right through her without looking back and giving a faint smile the woman vanished.

© 2016 ihavewriterblock


Author's Note

ihavewriterblock
Just trying to get feed back on the style and the writing to continue the story after any feedback is really appriciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
Added on October 19, 2016
Last Updated on October 20, 2016

Author

ihavewriterblock
ihavewriterblock

Mozambique



About
Just Trying to write and get some feedback more..