The Blue Crystal

The Blue Crystal

A Chapter by Shapirta
"

please read and review

"
I was walking home, deep in thought. I had just read the fault in our stars yesterday, and was thinking about Peter Van Houten. Staring at the ground, I wondered if Peter ever matured. So engrossed in my thoughts, I soon found my face making quick friends with the sidewalk. Adjusting my glasses, I looked for what I tripped over. It was a bright blue rock. It was glowing. I blinked a couple times and pinched myself. Is this real? It was.
As I fingered the rock in my hand, a hologram appeared in front of me. They was a guy who looked like Abraham Lincoln, the shape of his face, his beard, his eyes, and then I realized it was Abraham Lincoln. But that didn't make sense. There was no such thing as holograms in his time, not even in the present. Only in sci-fi books. This whole thing was odd. I started to run, but he started speaking: "John Parker, this message is to you, and to you only. You may only share this with your twin, Laura." I forgot to mention I had a twin. "Don't worry," He continued. "she will believe you. She has a message too. Find Laura, and go to your basement. The tile in the exact center is a door. Knock twice with your right hand and three times with your left. It will open up to reveal a tunnel. Keep the crystal with you at all times, and tell her to keep hers too. The time will come when you will find out the powers of each of your crystals. You will start your quest on saving your lost cousin, Leo. Be warned, the queen hates all Parkers. She will be ready to kill you if she catches you. Do not be seen." And with that, the hologram was sucked back into the rock, or should I say, crystal.


© 2014 Shapirta


Author's Note

Shapirta
sorry the chapters are so short. it wasn't planned to be that short,bu I decided that was a good end for it. lol. only two paragraphs in this chapter. gotta be a world record.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Write more, it is a good chapter and anyway there are more chapters that are shorter than this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Shapirta

9 Years Ago

thanks, bdunderthestars
keep writing Amy and No worries and waiting on Abraham Lincoln and this queen have to the story.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Shapirta

9 Years Ago

thanks, deep!
No worries, I have read shorter chapters than this, and sometimes it is better for people's attentions spans on here. I thought this was an interesting start to what I expect is going to be an epic journey. A couple of things I would recommend would be to add a little bit more description and perhaps some back story on the character so that we know more about them.

In between the third and fourth sentences of the first paragraph I might add something along the lines of this: "So engrossed in my thoughts, I soon found my face making quick friends with the sidewalk." And then go into the sentence "Adjusting my glasses..."

Really great idea, and I can't wait to see what comes next, and what significance Abraham Lincoln and this queen have to the story. Should be fun!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Shapirta

9 Years Ago

will do! thank you
Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Always a pleasure to read your work my friend!
Shapirta

9 Years Ago

thanks! a lot!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2014
Last Updated on September 5, 2014


Author

Shapirta
Shapirta

dude hi!, NY



About
i recently turned eleven, and for as long as i can remember, have always loved writing. haha wow. now im 12. time flies.. more..

Writing
auditions auditions

A Poem by Shapirta