It's Just Fiction

It's Just Fiction

A Story by T. Jay Keigh

I read another love story today. But this time, I cried. I was confused as to why, so I thought about it. And thought. And thought. And then something came to me. I realized I cried out of envy. Out of jealousy. Out of a realization that this was something I would never in my whole life experience. It made me feel ugly. It made me feel pathetic. It made me feel... alone. No one would ever love me or make me feel the way this girl felt in the story, like the center of another's universe. Not my friends, not my family, no one. These stories I  used to read to make me feel happy and excited about life, as if I had something to look forward to, was just that: a story. There was no chance that this was ever going to happen to me. So I cried some more. And then some more. And that was all there was to it. It's just fiction. 

© 2013 T. Jay Keigh


Author's Note

T. Jay Keigh
please ignore grammar. Possible thought of a character in a story of mine.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great excerpt with the ingredients for a beautiful love story unfolding.... you had me gripped...

Great possiblities here for a great fictional story to be told

YB

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
1 Review
Added on September 30, 2013
Last Updated on September 30, 2013