Code Blue

Code Blue

A Story by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

A nurse's patients start dying unsupectly.

"

 

     Terrie checked in on her patient Mr. Brown.  She noticed that his color looked much better today, and his vitals were stable.  She'd been a nurse at RoseWood Hospital for four years.  Her husband Dr. Blake Wooten was on staff also.  Terrie loved her job.

     "Mr. Brown, how are you feeling?"

     "Better," he smiled.  "Could you get me some fresh water?"

     "Be happy to."  Terrie took the pitcher and left the room.

     Mr. Brown looked at the tv in distaste.  His door opened.  "Nurse Terrie, where is my water?" he grumbled.

     "First I need to give you your medicine."  She took the syringe from her pocket and administered it into his drip.  She left as Mr. Brown's heart stopped.

     "Code Blue in 311!" Yelled Dr. Blake Wooten.

     Terrie ran into the room, but it was too late Mr. Brown was gone.  "What happened?" She asked her husband.

     "I was hoping you could tell me," he stated calmly.

     "I-I-I don't know.  He was fine when i left to get his water."  Terrie ran from the room.

     She walked outside.  The sky was blue, and the air refreshing.  What was going on? Mr. Brown was her fourth patient within two weeks to die.  She sit down as all strength left her.

     "Are you alright?" Blake asked as he sit down beside her.

     "What happened?" She asked again. 

     Blake hugged his wife tight.  "We'll get through this," he murmured.

     "I'm not killing my patients!" She yelled.

     "I never said you were."

     "I've got to get back to work," Terrie said as she headed to the door.

     "Why don't you take some time off?" Blake asked.

     She turned to face her husband. "Why?"  She shouted.  "Because you think I'm a murderer!" She screamed.

     Terrie headed back into the hospital.  Blake yelled her name, but she did not look back.  She headed to room 313 to check on Ms. Welch.  She felt like someone was watching her.  She turned, but no one was there.  She entered Ms. Welch's room with feelings of dread.

     "How are you today?" Terrie smiled.

     Before Ms. Welch could answer she went into convulsions.  A hand came across Terrie's mouth.  She watched in horror as Ms. Welch died.

     "You stole my man and my job, now it's pay back time." Terrie knew that voice all to well.  It was her twin sister Carrie.

     "You've been killing my patients?"

     Carrie was jealous of Terrie because Blake had fallen in love with Terrie and not her.  Carrie had wanted Blake and the  job at Rosewood Hospital.  Carrie snatched Terrie's identification tags and placed them on her scrubs.

     "You won't get away with this," Terrie cried.

     Terrie saw the syringe in Carrie's hand.  She flung herself at Carrie and snatched the syringe from her hand.

     "Code Blue!" Carried yelled.  Blake entered the room.  Carrie pretended to be Terrie." My twin sister Carrie has been killing my patients."

     Terrie stood there with the syringe in her hand, looking guilty.  Carrie smiled as Blake placed his arms around her, thinking she was Terrie.  She finally had the life she always wanted.

© 2019 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Another story for the World of 500 group. Hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Storytelling at it's best.. another solid piece!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have here a story of ultimate brilliance. Your writing is unblemished.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice work..!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellently done, a dark thriller ; )

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. I didnt see that coming. But i LOVED it. Great job!! 100100!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice. Good pacing, interesting scenario, and a snappy ending. Two trivial changes: "You STOLE my man..,.", and, "...Blake had FALLEN..."

Posted 12 Years Ago


My goodness. This was dark and twisted, but I loved it.
True suspense thriller. AWESOME work!!!

I just found it odd that the doctor didnt notice. I have to wonder about the issues he had. Perhaps the trauma of the situation made it too impossible to believe his love could do such a thing...making his Terrie whichever one was not taken away in handcuffs.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A concise and entertaining enough short read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my . . . that is one WARPED sister.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

810 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2011
Last Updated on September 4, 2019
Tags: Nurse, Doctor, Death

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..