The Big Circus Show In The Sky

The Big Circus Show In The Sky

A Story by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Collaboration with my sister storiestotell (Karen Sills)

"

     This week at Millie's school was circus week.  The circus was her favorite place to go.  Her mommy and daddy took her each year.  Millie liked the trapeze act and the clowns.  She walked into her room at school.  Her eyes widen in surprise.  The room looked like one big circus tent.

     "Wow!" She exclaimed.

     On the walls were pictures of elephants, lions, ringmasters and clowns.  This was going to be a fun week.  Mrs. Lee, her teacher called the class to their seats.  Millie was too busy looking at the walls that she didn't hear Mrs. Lee.  She was pretending that she was at a real live circus watching all the silly clowns.  Millie giggled.

     "Millie, please take your seat," Mrs. Lee said.

     Millie looked around and realized she was the only one left standing.  Her face felt warm as she walked to her seat.  Millie couldn't wait to go play with all the circus toys.  She hoped she could go to the dress up area first.  Mrs. Lee had all kinds of circus costumes.  Millie wanted to dress up like a clown first.

     She tried to listen as Mrs. Lee talked, but the white fluffy clouds caught her attention.  Millie's eyes grew wide.  The clouds seemed to be bouncing around as if they were alive.  She smiled as excitement bubbled inside her.

     "Millie, you may go to the dress up area," Mrs. Lee told her.

     "Oh boy!" She yelled.  Millie forgot all about the white fluffy clouds.  She ran to the dress up area and began pulling out wigs of all colors.

     "Look at me, Millie," said Cady.

     Millie looked at Cady, she was dressed in a polka dot clown suit.  She had an orange wig on with a huge red nose on her face.  Millie jumped up and down with excitement.  Millie put on a red wig and an orange nose.  She looked at herself in the mirror.

     "Look at me!" Millie yelled.  Everyone looked at her.  "I'm a real clown!" She shouted.

     Millie and Johnny found a pair of clown shoes.  They both grabbed them at the same time.  There wasn't another pair and they both wanted to wear them.

     Millie looked at Johnny, he was about to cry.  "You can wear them first," she told him.  "I'll tie these colored scarves around my shoes." And that's what she did.

     "Cool shoes," said tina to Millie.

     "Thank you."

     "Want to trade now?" Asked Johnny.

     Millie took a deep breath.  "Sure."  Then she ran to the window to look at the white fluffy clouds once again.  "Look everyone,"  Millie said excitedly.  "Do you see?" She asked.  "Look at the clouds!"

     Mrs. Lee followed the children outside.  "Now what do you see?" She asked.

     Millie laid down on her back, so did the other children.

"A lion," she said pointing to the clouds.

     "A cannon!" Shouted Tom.

     "Balloons of all colors," Tina said.

     "I see circus shoes for everyone!" Johnny yelled.

     Everyone laughed as they gazed up at the big circus show in the sky.

 

Also Wriiten By:

storiestotell

 

© 2022 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Written for the World of 500 Group! The story had to be about fluffy clouds! Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very fun and descriptive! I can see children really relating to this exciting day : )

Posted 12 Years Ago


I still hate clowns. Cute story, but clowns creep me out. Especially ever since Stephen King's IT!
And I agree with Norma M Sutton

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think it is aboreable.Millie has so much personality,and Johny is a great backup.I love to watch the clouds roll by.I got a kids poem cloud shaping,
I love your story

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great imagination....a wonderful story...or chapter....or prose
Very well written...dialogue was so real and the beautiful imagery at the end of the passage had me begging for more. Terrific write 101
allen
I also just read Water For Elephants....so I was really in the mood

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is awesome! It's so like little kids would be, all bubbly and excited. Millie is a nice little girl, too, I think. Very delightful story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love this, love the kids in this too, very realistic. Good job creating a story about big fluffy white clouds.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it. It bounces around just like excited kids do :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


this was fun and imaginative...so well expressed...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a very fun story and I really enjoyed you. You captured the essence of a child very well in this and it came across as very realistic from the Millie's point of view. Outstanding job on this collaboration!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1013 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2022
Tags: Tent, Clown, Lion, Show

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..