Dream Into Reality

Dream Into Reality

A Story by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

For the 500 World Group had to write about an abstract dream

"

     "Dr. Morgan, she's not responding."

     Gabie could faintly hear the voices franticly calling her back. She didn't want to go back, she wanted to stay in this peaceful serenity forever. In this world she had a tremendous boyfriend, Dr. Craig Morgan.

*********************************************

     "Gabie, you alright?" She looked up into her handsome boyfriend's eyes as he escorted her to a near bench.

     "Yes Dock, just swooning over your handsome face."

     His hand was soft and gentle as he checked her pulse. He smiled, showing his pearly whites. Again she heard voices beckoning her back. She looked around her, but there was no one else with her, but Craig.

     He brushed the hair from her face. "What is it, Gabie?" He drew her into his embrace. "You're trembling."

********************************************

     "Clear!" Dr. Morgan yelled.

     "Still no pulse," Nurse Carol said.

     "Clear!" Dr. Morgan shouted again.

     He worked feverously to save Gabie Fawlow, a patient of his since she'd arrived at Cedar Hospital three weeks ago. She'd been in a serious car wreck that had left her comatose upon her arrival.

     "We have a pulse," Nurse Carol Announced.

     Dr. Craig Morgan released his breath in one gigantic swosh. He couldn't explain it, but he believed that he was beginning to have feelings for a woman that had never seen or spoken to him.

*********************************************

     Gabie sat on the park bench in momentary silence. She loved this man with all her heart. She felt the warmth of his body up against hers. Craig reached for her hand and kissed her palm to her finger tips.

     "Craig got up and bent down on one knee."Gabie, will you marry me?"

     Tears streamed down her face as he slid the most stunning ring on her finger. "Yes, I will marry you."

********************************************

     "Gabie, this is your mom. Please open your eyes," a voice pleaded.

     "Mrs. Farlow, I wish I could tell you when your daughter will wake up, but it could be days, weeks, months, a year or never," Dr. Morgan stated sadly.

       Dr. Morgan stood helplessly by  as Mrs. Farlow cried. Her sobs vibrated his mere soul. He felt at odds. He wanted to get to know Gabie, but at the time things looked pretty bleak.

     "Honey, please wake up!" The voice pleaded.

     Gabie didn't want to open her eyes, but out of sheer force they opened. "Where am I? Craig what happen to me?" Her voice rose in hysterics. "My engagement ring is gone!"

     "Honey, you're not engaged," Mrs. Farlow said calmly. "You've been in a coma."

     "A coma?" Gabbie repeated, trying to comprehend what she'd just heard. "No! I've been with Craig," she shouted, reaching for his hand. "We're getting married," she sobbed.

     Craig patiently explained to her that she'd been in a serious car wreck that had left her in a coma. Gabie finally realized that she'd fallen in love with her doctor in a dream.

     "Don't be sad Miss Farlow, I would love to get to know you."

     "Call me Gabbie, Dr. Morgan."

     "Only if you call me Craig," he smiled showing his pearly whites.

© 2012 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Tell me what yiu think!
Sorry about the different print!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The twist at the end is real good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very creative and enjoyable story. I like the theme, how the dream becomes the reality in the end.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the logic of this story. In a dream state. Love being born. You create a interesting situation with this short story. I like the ending to the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like how you wrote this story and its a great concept. He likes her and she dreams she is going to marry him and thinks its real when she wakes. I'm sure there's a happily ever after here. A very enjoyable read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a really great story. I love happy endings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great write...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amaaazzziinnng !! I Couldnt Stop Your Stories Flow Dragged Me I Read It In One Breath Seriously You're Amazing !!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very imaginative and intelligent piece of writing...
loved reading it..

Posted 12 Years Ago


The idea of parallel dimensions is both intriguing and inspiring, and the happy ending is so strong and pleasant. Like *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*, I noticed a few grammatical errors, such as the one she metioned and "a voice pleaed" should be "a voice pleaded". Minor errors that didn't really have any effect on the story itself. This is a wonderful write. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is amazing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

892 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 22, 2012
Tags: Coma, Reality, Love, Death

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..