Shades And Grapes

Shades And Grapes

A Poem by Im His Daughter

Back story; A friend of mine is having a hard time with her family. Her parents favored their son who died & my friend has grown up feeling very badly hurt by their lack of showing love to her. I wrote this comment to her today, because I to have been the non favorite, the third daughter of four. All pretty much spread out between decades. My oldest sister was born in 59, my second was in 61, I was 72 & my youngest was born in 79. I don't know her trials but with mine, I have chosen to forgive them & move on. I don't have anything to say to them & currently they are no more than distant relatives. In fact my neices & nephews, their spouses & children I have not met. I also doubt they even know who I am.
I have been learning to not focus on the family that isn't there for me & focus on the ones I currently have, which are my mom, my son & daughter & my friends.

My comment to my friend is this...
Release them from your trap, (it's you holding onto them) forgive them, (let the memories, go because they let go of you long ago) buy a pair of a sunglasses & don't focus on past toxic family. Focus on the present family. Your kids & their futures. They are your sweet grapes that make your best wine. I'm a living example of this.. Kiss kiss dahlin! Besides, my shades look better than their shade.

She is an Aubrey Hepburn fan, wine, cigarette & fancy shades or shoes. I made the choice to visually show her with a photo. Everything is better when you can visualize it. So I chose to call this Shades And Grapes. You want the sweetest wine you pick grapes that will make the best wine. You want to block out something, buy the cutest shades ever. As long as you continue on forgiving, it's easier to forget.

© 2018 Im His Daughter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

my family is pretty much the same,i was a suprise years after the rest of my sibblings
got relatives i have never met and cousins that i haven`t spoken to in years

Posted 6 Years Ago


It's really a sweet poem...gd job!! Keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 31, 2018
Last Updated on January 31, 2018

Author

Im His Daughter
Im His Daughter

Canada



About
(Sorry I don't read stories, chapters or books. I am not a critic either, I will only read poems. When I comment, I comment only on how it makes me feel. Promise no criticism here unless maybe a word .. more..

Writing