She

She

A Poem by Im His Daughter

She formed
She grew
She blossomed
She flew
She soared
She birthed
She crashed
She bled
She scarred
She heals
She forgives
She remembers
She, me

© 2018 Im His Daughter


Author's Note

Im His Daughter
Photo belongs to me. It shall not be cut, copy, pasted, stored or shared. I took this photo of myself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks, she has been through a lot. She formed in her mother's womb. She grew into a young girl. She blossomed into a young woman & flew away at 15 to school. She soared despite losing her dad to lung cancer in 88 at the age of 57 & her best friend in 90 from leukemia age 16. She birthed 2 kids, now 21 & 23. She crashed after being married to an abusive husband & father. She bled hard inside for years. She scarred when she tried to heal from 2 more men abusing her in their 14 month of being in a relationship (ironically) & when she lost her only true love to cancer at the age 40 on Thanksgiving Day Oct 12th 2008. She healed from being homeless for 6 months due to her government to which she received an apology, a little late but she forgives all. She remembers but never forgets. She is, me.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Minimalist writing can communicate much in few words. Here, a woman's life is encompassed in 26 words. Each two word verse leaves much for our imaginations to dwell upon. Very nicely handled.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Like a rebirth from healing and forgivness. Excellent job!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Thanks Island Hippy & Coyote Poetry! I appreciate your thoughts. Xo

Posted 5 Years Ago


Aloha, this is lovely. Coming full circle - this is thoughtfully laid with simplicity and absolute depth! Mahalo, Izzy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very nice flow of thoughts. You led the reader to the proper ending my friend. We learn many things and we become "Me". Thank you dear friend for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
6 Reviews
Added on June 24, 2018
Last Updated on June 24, 2018

Author

Im His Daughter
Im His Daughter

Canada



About
(Sorry I don't read stories, chapters or books. I am not a critic either, I will only read poems. When I comment, I comment only on how it makes me feel. Promise no criticism here unless maybe a word .. more..

Writing