To My Friends In WritersCafe.org ~

To My Friends In WritersCafe.org ~

A Story by IMOGEAN
"

A letter to you...

"
To My Friends In WritersCafe.org ~
 
To be a friend, is to be honest. If I say something to you, it is for you alone. I don't say the same things to everyone in the Cafe. I give honest reviews, with tact. If I review you, know that my review is authentic, not copied and pasted, or filled with false flattery. False flattery is lies, and quite frankly, I have more respect for my friends than that. We are here to learn from each other, and lying is not conducive to the learning process.
 
Ratings and badges in the Cafe mean nothing to me. I do not review, to get reviews. I do not give high ratings, to get high ratings. In fact, I have turned that feature off on my writings. I am inconsistent with my activity in the Cafe, and disappear at times. This does not mean I do not respect my Cafe friends, it means that I respect my home life and for whatever reason, it demands more of me at any given time. I have five children and they take precedence.   
 
I believe in constructive criticism, and welcome it. Constructive criticism does not consist of negativity. I can point out an error in grammar or something I do not understand, without belittling the reviewed. Constructive is defined as: a positive building up process. I do value the reviewed's feelings and if I hurt them in any way, please let me know. I am not here to judge, or be judged, I am here to learn and sometimes, teach. I do not respond to negativity, it is unworthy of my attention. Any person who comes off as negative, will be ignored completely.
 
Every writer here, is important in my eyes...
 
God bless you all...
 
Imogean~    

© 2008 IMOGEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's tricky isn't it...the balance between saying what we honestly feel and not wanting to offend or hurt in any way. Yet to flatter falsely is terrible. But some people are more sensitve than others in the nature of things. But from what you say I think you are a very honest reviwer and that is of vital importance here. The points system dilutes the reviewing process as many people are tempted to review positively merely to encourage others to do the same to them.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What is going on at this web site ?
I read all the reviews of this post and they are
all posted 6 years ago .... ?
Does this mean that no one has read this post for
at least 6 years ? Or, does it mean that the writer
is not being truthful ? Or, why is it ?
------ Eagle Cruagh

Posted 9 Years Ago


Amen.
So glad someone has said this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Amen... I definitely agree with all that you have said... wonderfully put and worded.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think you stated your views very well and I agree with you about ratings. I hope your five children don't
keep you as busy as my six girls used to keep me. LOL. Now I only have two at home. Often the demands of family keep us busy and most of us understand that. Well written and sound message.
Debby

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well said and well written.


Posted 15 Years Ago


I know I got on here for feedback...but now I really think the cafe is just a MySpace for writers. I think a lot of people on here are not looking to learn anything but just want to display their writing. Unfortunately I think many people on here are not serious about writing. Just my impressions...

Posted 15 Years Ago


I enjoyed this read Imogean, it was totally honest and I agree with you in all respects. Family comes first and like me, you are a mother, well done for five! Wow....you are braver than Tai, I have three fine lads to care for and that take up a lot of my time, but it is given without doubt and with love. That is what we do best. I haven't read much here lately as I have been studying too, but I will and be sure I will check your work out too. From reading this, there is sure to be lots to learn and enjoy in your writings. Smiling at you, Tai

Posted 15 Years Ago


Amen to that! I am a young writer who looks to gain knowledge here on the cafe yet sometimes i will get reviews that are Good Job and thats it... how does that help?? Everyone on writerscafe should be constructive in their reviews... We are all here to learn and no one is perfect... If something is wrong in a piece i will tell them... and I hope others will do the same with my pieces.... Thanks for posting this... it seems many people should read this...

Posted 15 Years Ago


Thank you for posting this. It seems this place can become a popularity contest or a place to spew personal problems, when in truth it is a place to share art and grow from the exchanges. I've lost sight of that and I appreciate your words because it is a kind reminder.

Thanks, Imogean.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is quite a touching invitation. I often see your helpful and polite constructive reviews on pages of writing I have read and must praise you for your approach. Any serious writer allows criticism to do what it is designed to do: positively build and improve, and in this case it is the writing process. All I ever want to do is to be able to fit the right word into the right place. They all have their place.

Take care.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1348 Views
37 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 25, 2008

Author

IMOGEAN
IMOGEAN

Chico, California, CA



About
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, serenely, divinely aware... And this is why I write: AWARENESS... It is not in the moment that I tasted the delicacies of life .. more..

Writing
Trust Trust

A Poem by IMOGEAN