Exp. 0023

Exp. 0023

A Story by Indestructible Books

     You distinctly remember laying down in bed to go to sleep. You even remember having to untuck the covers because you made the bed that morning for the first time in months. But here you lay. On a cold, metal, slab of a table with a thin cotton like fabric covering you from the torso down. There is a dank chill in the air, you feel it in your chest.
     From darkness you start to see light. From under that light, standing directly over you on the slab, appear distorted figures. Four of them to be exact. All around seven feet tall and lanky in shape. It looks as if they're conversing with each other but you hear nobody talking. The only noise coming from the frigid room are the sounds of sucking medical tubes. But you don't feel as if you're hooked up to anything.

     The figures never come into focus as you try to scream for help. You feel like you're screaming at the top of your lungs, but your lips don't actually move. You try to jerk your arm and punch one of the distorted figures before you, but there is no response from your arm.
     You shift your eye's down.
     Your chest cavity has been surgically opened. The figures begin pulling organs out from you left and right. First, the heart. Next, a kidney. Followed by you're lungs and intestines pulled out like party ribbon. You're left feeling like an empty stuffed animal.
     "This is it." You think.
     "This is the end."
     
     Then you wake up.
     In your own bed. Feeling full inside again like a patched up stuffed animal, which reminds you to lift your shirt and check for scars. You think you notice something running along your abdomen, but after rubbing your eye's it disappears.
    You splash a handful of water on your face and head back to bed.

© 2014 Indestructible Books


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting, really captivated me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Indestructible Books

9 Years Ago

Thanks! :)
- Skye

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on November 12, 2014
Tags: Horror, Short Story, Sleeping, Creepy, Surgery, Abduction, Science Fiction, Sci Fi, Fiction, Alien

Author

Indestructible Books
Indestructible Books

Houston, TX



About
An independent publishing house for short stories, poetry, and comics of the macabre kind. Uncredited pieces written by Skye, Otherwise credited where credit is due. Creators retain the rights to.. more..

Writing