Esme's Monologue...

Esme's Monologue...

A Story by Secondhand Tink
"

A monologue I had to write to test out whether I'd write one for my English Language coursework. Esme Anne Evenson, 26 years old, a seemingly perfect life ahead of her all but 4 years ago, now long gone as she stands over the edge of a clear blue sea he

"

I’ve lost my baby, my beautiful baby, so unlike the man who caused me to bare it, my family have disowned me...Not that they really cared for me even when I did do as they asked, it was all to keep face in the end wasn’t it? I mean, what sort of family would force their 22 year old daughter to marry a man she hardly knew, when she had so many...dreams, so many...hopes. But I’ll never say I wasted my life being married to Charles, I had a few blissful years when he was away in the army, and then he returned...I was so happy, worried, overjoyed, but terrified, when I realised I was pregnant. Of course my only choice was to run!

My family would have merely told me to stay put with him, as always to save face, I wasn’t going to let any child of mine live a life of fear with a man like him.
All I wanted was to teach, I saw so much hope in the bright little faces of children, just like the hope that died when my baby...went away. Now I have nothing left, so what do I do? Do I try to live my life again? Move far far away, find a new man? A man who will love me and never hurt me physically and mentally, perhaps even one day, one day in many years, I could even...have another child? NO! That’s unthinkable! I don’t want another baby, I want my baby! I don’t care if it shared half itself with that horrible man, he.was.mine!

But...there was once a man wasn’t there? It seems so long ago now, back when I was fresh faced, young and naive, oh just 16...What a joy that was...Carlisle? Yes that was his name, that man...Like an angel he was there when I broke my leg so badly, but his smile, it took the pain away. I wish I could see that smile now, maybe he could stop me, give me something to live for, save me from this ocean as perfectly peaceful as it may seem, I’d never survive if I threw myself off this edge...But I always wondered what it would be to fly, freedom, utter freedom. Just let gravity take your body, the whooshing in my ears wouldn’t bother me, no, not even the splash, the collision, as I hit the water. I’d be out by then, wouldn’t I? Then I could just let the depths wash over me, immersing me like one of those once so elegant sunken liners, wrapping me up like a blanket of The End.

 

© 2009 Secondhand Tink


Author's Note

Secondhand Tink
I know it's a bit compressed but I didn't want to drag it out, this monologue is what I thought Esme Cullen from Twilight would have been thinking or saying to herself as she stood at the cliffs edge deciding her fate.
(all those who have read the twilight books or seen the film know what happened Lol)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was lovely and wonderful and I hope to see more stuff from you. I think I have fallen in love with this piece. Truly wonderful work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love it! i feel so bad for esme...... im very happy today that she has carlisle... her new loving husband. you captured her feelings and thoughts very well. good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is pretty neat, I liked it. Nice job. Keep writing! :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

tankoo muchly jackiiie!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love it! You're epic.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

-sigh-
XD

Okay Sinead.
Thanks...XD

Posted 15 Years Ago


its pretty. but twilight is s**t.

yes, i did just say it in public at risk of being burned at the stake.

TWILIGHT IS S**T.

monologue is purdy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 1, 2009
Last Updated on February 15, 2009

Author

Secondhand Tink
Secondhand Tink

London!!, United Kingdom



About
I'm Nai, I'm 17 and I live in London. I love music, especially Avenged Sevenfold and tonnes of others =] My tastes range pretty wide. Obviously I love to write, I'm a bit slow though...so please b.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Symbolism Symbolism

A Poem by