The Heart's Bridges

The Heart's Bridges

A Poem by emma
"

A poem I wrote for a contest.

"

A bridge connecting two hearts.  The hearts are joined, never to be separated.

 

But then you chipped a piece off the bridge, and it slowly began to crumble.

 

The terrible fights, the long lonely nights, and the anger began to break the bridge more.

 

Soon the bridge was wobbling and bending, but I couldn’t see it.

 

One day, standing on the bridge, it collapsed. A fight that ended the joining of our hearts.

 

I fell with it, consumed by my own love, and I drowned in the loneliness that lay under the bridge.

 

 

 

A bridge connecting two hearts was broken beyond repair, leaving me in utter despair.

 

I don’t know if I’ll ever rebuild a bridge and connect my heart to another’s,

 

Because I am still buried beneath the rubble of the first bridge, suffocated by my own stupidity.

 

 

 

The heart’s bridges are flimsy and weak and can break easy. But I didn’t know that when I joined my heart to his. 

© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
I really don't know if this is any good. I'm wondering if I should even post it . . .
hopefully it's good and you like it, but i'm not making any promises.


**This was for a contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It definitely touches home, nice work

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the metaphor and imagery, you pulled me in at the very first line. And the last line sealed with doubt and heart break not knowing if you can allow construction to connect your heart to another.

It really spoke to me and I thought it was a good write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Familiar feeling, I can relate. Good write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I realy liked it, it was sad but still very good
XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


i really, really like this. i think t he words themselves are perfect, but i would space them out more across the page, like, break some of the lines into two lines.

Posted 12 Years Ago


bridge connecting two hearts was broken beyond repair, leaving me in utter despair.
I don’t know if I’ll ever rebuild a bridge and connect my heart to another’s,
Because I am still buried beneath the rubble of the first bridge, suffocated by my own stupidity.

best part, that was really good, and i betyou won the contest?



Posted 12 Years Ago


I love love love this!!! It is by far the best poem i have read a in a long time. I can relate to it and it is perfect. Perfectly wonderful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love it and it is totaly awsome

Posted 12 Years Ago


This poem gave me chills! I can relate to it all too well!! I love the imagery! Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2011
Last Updated on September 13, 2011

Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..