Terant

Terant

A Story by Inside-Our-Mind
"

This story started off as a fanfiction. After some time, I decided I wanted to try pulling Terant away from his origin, and make him into a more... stand-alone character. this is where that starts.

"
Terant snarled as he walked through the thick, dark green forest, his indigo eyes scanning the area. He was astonishingly tall, even for his particular lineage. Long, messy, black hair, charcoal-black horns, and dark gray skin gave him away for the demon he was, his dark purple-blue eyes the only solid evidence of his Mekerin bloodline. As every demon knew, the Mekerin bloodline was one of power and bred-in violent tendancies, though Terant himself was far more violent than the rest of his similarly tall ancestors.
The moonlight shone down on him as he finally neared the clearing, a small lake sitting peacefully in the center, the water glimmering like a gemstone under the light of the stars. Low growl rumbling from his throat, Terant examined the clearing as he stepped out, bone mask hiding any expression of worry he would have had if he were any lesser demon. All was clear.  He stepped out, the still air keeping his precious scent within the clearing as he approached the lake and knelt down into the long grass. His vision cut off, he kept his ears and nose alert, scooping the crystal-clear water up in his hands and bringing it to the mouth of his mask. Instead of taking a noisy sip, he opened his mouth wide, jaws of his mask parting with his own jaw, and messily poured the freshing liquid into his mouth and down his throat.
Before long, he heard footsteps approaching, jumping to his feet and snarling, his spiked club ready to splatter more blood like it had done for many years. Terant stopped himself quickly, however, realizing it was just his mate, Fionna. He lowered the club, letting it vanish into oblivion as all demon weapons did when they weren't needed. Few knew where they actually disappeared to, but even fewer cared. As long as the proper weapons returned to the proper demons when called, there was no concern.
"Fionna, what are you doing here?" Terant asked in his deep, growly voice, eyeing the water demon from head to toe. She was considerably shorter than him, shorter even than many other demons, but she was the only one who didn't fear him, and he respected her for that.
Fionna smiled up at him, her pure black eyes gleaming like only a demon's could. Black eyes were unnatural, most were either red or yellow, but Terant, even with his hatred of the unnatural, didn't care. Her freckled face and fish-like fins were enough to keep him interested, even during times when her bubbly personality seemed a little over the top. She was the only being to ever satisfy him in any way, and the only one to ever tame his fits of rage.
"What, is it wrong for me to leave the sea now and then to visit you?" she asked.
"No, but you'll get yourself killed, you foolish fish girl." He growled again, looking around before grabbing her shoulder and leading her back to the forest and into a cave. She giggled a little, cooperating happily as they walked down and took a left when they came to a fork in the tunnel.
"Terant... what's on the right side of the cave, anyhow? Why don't we ever go that way?" Fionna asked, looking up at the much taller demon.
"That side belongs to another demon. Go that way and you'll get slaughtered." he grumbled blunty, not looking at her until they got to the end of the tunnel, which had torches scattered about to provide light. 

© 2014 Inside-Our-Mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the way you,ve woven the details in with the story, not slowing down the pace at all. very good I like it :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on April 27, 2014
Last Updated on April 27, 2014
Tags: demon, homestuck, devil, evil

Author

Inside-Our-Mind
Inside-Our-Mind

Burlington, WA



About
I didn't even realize I had an account on this website...... It has my stories on it, though, and my laptop filled in the Login fields automatically, so it must be mine... What's all this Fitness an.. more..

Writing
Lunacy Lunacy

A Story by Inside-Our-Mind