DoNotSettleForAnythingLessq

DoNotSettleForAnythingLessq

A Story by ijustwanthappiness
"

From my personal experience of being taken advantage of, I wrote this.

"
Yes. We always settle for something we think we deserve. And it all depends on how we value ourselves. Now let me tell you, you deserve all the best!
On my 25 years of existence here living, one thing that I always observe is how many people underestimate themselves. They often think that they're not good enough for something or someone. So they settle for something lower than what they want. Very low self-esteem is a very big problem with a lot of people, including me.
Yes, I had settled on something I thought I deserve. I thought it's part of being humble and kind. I don't judge people fast and give them time to prove themselves. I easily give chances, multiple chances. Because I always believe that's what I should be doing. But in the course of time, I started to ask if I really deserve something that low. I have been cheated, lied on and played on. And it's not because I like him doing that to me, it just happens when you don't value yourself the way you should be. I had been taken advantage of. 
When you don't value yourself the way like you have to, it reflects through your actions. You'd fall for someone who gives you attention so easily. You'd be very kind to them even if they don't deserve it. You'd never want them out of your life because you were blinded by the thought of you being perfect for each other, even if you're not. 
And it will send your partner the idea that you depend on them. That you're nothing without them. That they're your life. And they will take that opportunity. To lie to you. To cheat on you. To take you for granted. And you cannot blame them when you're taking yourself for granted too. Just like what I did. 
But once you set your standards high. When you think and believe that you deserve everything that is best for you. And you won't settle for some jerks who don't have balls, then you'd get what you deserve. Maybe not as fast as how you get those jerks/b*****s though. But at least when you found the one, you'd know that they're the best and perfect for you. 
And I am very positive that one day, someday, I will find that one who will make me think that "yes, I deserve this much".

© 2018 ijustwanthappiness


Author's Note

ijustwanthappiness
Please feel free to comment your thoughts about it. I'm open to anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mac
This is quite good. I totes dug the riff and the blues you are blowing, gator.

Because of the linguistics I pictured either an inner city chick or possibly an angry woman of color behind the words. It has a decidedly ghetto flavor to it which I appreciate, straight from the fridge.

You have the start of a great work here especially in this age of #MeToo. It hits for the cats and the kittens...because we all been down that road.

By the way and in closing #MeToo

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ijustwanthappiness

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for such a nice review.



Reviews

I am sure you will
Good writing

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ijustwanthappiness

6 Years Ago

Yep yep :) Thanks
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mac
This is quite good. I totes dug the riff and the blues you are blowing, gator.

Because of the linguistics I pictured either an inner city chick or possibly an angry woman of color behind the words. It has a decidedly ghetto flavor to it which I appreciate, straight from the fridge.

You have the start of a great work here especially in this age of #MeToo. It hits for the cats and the kittens...because we all been down that road.

By the way and in closing #MeToo

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ijustwanthappiness

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for such a nice review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2018
Last Updated on January 7, 2018
Tags: worth, women, strong, deserve, best, great things, no more sadness

Author

ijustwanthappiness
ijustwanthappiness

Olongapo City, III, Philippines



About
I am a 25yr old single mother. When I was younger I love writing poems and reading. I never had a chance to pursue it until now. Long story short, I get inspirations from what I am experiencing at the.. more..

Writing