Right to Choose

Right to Choose

A Chapter by Irenic
"

The Boys are going to get something very special...............

"
..............................."Tu bhi chaka hai, qasam se"(You are transgender,I swear)
"Stop"!, the marching queue was stopped to march by Iqra on Fajahad's instruction.
"Look at me, friends",HAP said who walked beside them at their left side and stopped and all boys turned left to see him.
"Well!!", he started his speech
"today is our day. Today is Tuesday", all laughed as he said tuesday
"And today is 23rd of October 2007, the date and day for which we, the students of XI (first year), are waiting.", everyone on listening this chorused "Yes!!!!"
"On this day in past in 1900, 52nd batch of Daffty Institute of Learning of boys was granted with the Right of Selection of Mentor postulated on 18th of December 1899 by Sir Dinshaw Abraham, the right hand of Bishop Gray Keats in the library's second bench at 6:15 PM and presented by our very own Bishop Gray Keats on very next day to this ground.
And today we, the 108th batch of male students of college level of first year will be now granted with this right at sharp 8AM, the time it was first implemented on 23rd of October 1900.", all boys had goosebumps on listening that ironic history of their convent school.
"And it is the first time happening that freshman or first year boys is getting the Right of Selection of Mentor", he acknowledge them on which everyone chorused "Hoorayyyyy!!!"
"The ruling power started with boys and it will come to end with the rule of boys", he said. He was hopeful about it. And he expressed his hope by looking at them confidently with straight unbend shoulders and face lifted up and eyes looking forwards and sun shining brightly above them not to take his energy but to give him energy.
"InShAllah", they chorused after all he produced goosebumps on their hands after expressing his hope.
"Now march forward like soldiers", he said with same confidence.
                                                          -----
-"Fajahad ne jeet k hairan kardia" (The victory of Fajahad shocked us), the teacher in her late 30s said as she entered.
"But Miss Shela's advice and idea proved best and brilliant. The school is in complete discipline now", Rizwana, primary teacher, said, who used to come in college section in her free time.
-"Yeh tou hai,sub uski suntay kitni hai"(You are right, students listen to him soo much), the old teacher agreed.
"his confidence is his power, woh confidence ki bal par sub se kuch bhi kara sakta hai"(His confidence is his power. He can make them to do anything because of his confidence), Rizwana said.

The queue marched in the ground to a small brown gate at the end of ground and passing through it to enter a a sandy small ground having long brightly painted corridors on its both sides. The corridor at right was smaller than corridor at left. The right had four classrooms of grade one and left had four classrooms of of grade two and the two remaining rooms were staff room and sports kit room. On passing straightly till the the end of right corridor, the queue turned at right and marched straightly for ten minutes to the the small finely peach painted on whose top administrative in bold letter was painted from black.
The right hands of both the prefects standing near the two gates pushed the gates backward to open and the queue passed into olive green tiled medium sized lounge of the office having four glass gated cupboard opposite to the gates in which numerous trophies were kept won by daffty, on the right side at office painted wall there was round edged semi rounded office like telephone operator's table having black at bottom which lightens into olive green and bordered by wide black strip round, two rooms: printing room and others was vice principal room. And between these two room there was huge space in which a trunk was attached to the wall on which DAFFUNK was carved and filled with ajrak. The whole trunk was painted with mixed colours of red, yellow, brown and pink to give a touch of Sindhi culture.
The wall where cupboard was kept was turned right directing to vice principal room having timber wooden bouquet stand filled with fresh roses and big green leaves. There was another opposite to vice principal room. It was store room in which all important files and papers were kept of history of college and alumni.
On the left wall's corner there were two sofas at right angle just like at right and three rooms. Principal Secretary Room and Principal room were beside each other bordered by white painted wood like other rooms and IT area where extra computers and mops were kept. Beside secretary room at left there was gate.
Beside table at there were two long narrow gates leading into passage having long spaces at proper distance at left side. At right there was reception area from which students get admission forms and there was a room beside it at right side called as student area from where students get their identity card, fee bills and if they want to correct any thing they inform there.

The students were standing in eight columns. There were four columns of pre-medical and four columns of pre-engineering. The whole lounge was filled with students who were moving from one to another pace in search of their CHUDDY BUDDY or "YAAR"when Fajahad for just few minutes was gone out. 

-"Aaj k din Daffty baba ne apni zindagi mein sub sey aqalmandi ka kaam kiya tha"(In history, Mr. Daffty did the best thing on this date), Zubair-tall, thin and french bearded guy, said standing casually with shoulder bend down and hand around his his friend out of the last row near cupboard.
"Yeh tou ne sahi kaha, warna daffty school k bacho ki training k naam par humein maar hi daaltein hai"(You have said right, otherwise this daffty institute would kill us college students in the name of training of school students), Khalid-pre medical normal height and black eyed glasses wearing boy, said who was bearing the weight of his friend's hand. "Aur yeh trophiyan phir daffty baba ko kabhi naseeb nahi hoti"(And then Mr. Daffty would not be blessed with the trophies) and he continued.
Dafftians-the students of Daffty called the founder of their school and college as Daffty Baba especially boys casually.
-"Aisa nahi hai, school k bachay jeet k detay hain"(It is not like this, school kids used to win and give the trophies), Zubair said
"Par hum se tou kam hi jeetay hain na"(But they win less than us), Khalid said.

"Daffty baba k nama kab chalay ga, yaar, I am waiting!!"(When the tales of Daffty Baba would start, Bro, I am waiting!!)
"Kab kahani shru hogi"(When the story will begin)

All were waiting for the time for which they were waiting.
"At 8 AM", Fajahad and Iqra said together as they entered and listened their cry.
"Because it is culture of our Daffty Institute of Learning to award this present to deserving one at 8 AM sharp", Fajahad said who marched around in front of everyone towards the table.
"And the wait is over" Iqra said, still standing near gate inside the office. "Now!", she announced as the clock above the cupboard showed the time of 8 AM.
And the two teachers marched out of the passage into the lounge as they heard her "Now!!" and clock's striking.
"Good Morning dear students and winning gender. Today is 23rd October 2007, exactly on this day in 1900 the boys 52nd batch of Daffty Institute of Leaning was the first batch to be awarded with the Right of Selection of Mentor which was created by Sir Dinshaw Abraham, the right hand of Bishop Gray Keats, the second principal of Daffty Institute of Learning and grandson of  Bishop Daffty Marshall, on the orders of his grandfather on 18th of December 1899 at 6:15:10 PM in evening while sitting library's very first table's second seat in the presence of his secretary Sir Jairus Alberto who was standing writing the event in history gazette from the feather of peacock dipped in black ink.", Mrs. James, the teacher of English-short height and big eyed lady stuffed with bombed black curly hair, cheeked face, Greek nose, pink and thin lips, fleshy hands and legs which were covered in full purple Shalwar Kameez having print of flowers from green in middle and purple dupatta bordered with green, said in one go slowly that students behind her at very back imitating and repeating the history as if they get bored.
"So!", another teacher, Miss Sara Bismuth-young teacher who teach Urdu having petite features and thin body, exclaimed.
"The Right of Selection of Mentor is" she unrolled a rolled old and yellow paper having slight dark lines on it from whom its oldness can be predicted from two sides through a wooden rod attached on each end.
"It is to stated by the very third principal and grandson of very founder of Daffty Institute of Learning, Dinshaw Brendon Abraham, that the students of victorious class and victorious gender are awarded with the freedom to select their mentor by themselves and majority should be cared. The students of each class are awarded  with the right to select a mentor which they praised the most to teach them at their suitable time and students on whole have a right to select a subject to study together in one room at their adored time.
The right is awarded to teach them how to use the freedom of selecting mentor, giving idea, taking more part and taking decision and not to use the power.
It is my hope all students of present and future would come to learn the use of power and the use of freedom of 
Selecting mentor
Being a big participant
Giving idea
Taking decision
And 
Ruling
earlier.
Thank you.
Regards
Sir Dinshaw Brendon Abraham(in the presence of Sir Jairus Alberto).", She read and they listened carefully.

"so whats your answer, boys??", a very friendly and gaiety teacher who follow orthodox christianity asked 
"Shela, Shela, Shela, Shela!!!!!!", the whole lounge burst with the cheering of boys who was chanting the name of their favourite teacher.
                                                    -----
"Tou Mrs.Raza, aap bataein kis ki aayegi ab shamat"(So Mrs.Raza, who will have misfortune in this session), Miss Kiran, a 40 year old female of Hinduism having tall height and broad physique supported by fleshy arms and had green eyes , Greek like long and slim nose and light pink lips having broad lower lip, said while having taking a cup in hand to take a sip and after saying she had a sip.

"Bhai ladkon ki jeet hai is dafa, and they think k unhey sirf hum sub ki pyaari si Miss Shela hi samjh sakti hai tou Miss Shela ki iss seesion mein duty zara sakht hogi"(See, the boys have won this time and they think that only our very dear teacher Miss Shela can understand them, so Miss Shela would have hectic schedule in this session), Mrs.Raza-a muslim old teacher in her 50s having short height and thin physique having most of the flesh in arms and face near cheeck bones on which she had hooded brown eyes, long nose and thin light pink lips and weak hair on top rolled in Jura, said. She looked at Shela when she took her name and then again at Miss Kiran and then table to take a biscuit from glass tray and then constantly at Shela when discussed that she would have busy time table in this session.
                                                             ------
"Bus!!! Enough is enough!!" (Stop it!!! Enough is enough!!), Miss Sara shouted on students.
"Aisay koi karta hai!! And by the way from these shouting how can I come to know who wants Miss Shela" (Who do like this!!! And by the way from these shouting how i come to know who wants Miss shela), She burst out.
"Who wants Shela for a particular unit or period" She asked them."Tum section,faculty, unit aur teacher ka naam likho"(You write section, faculty, unit and teacher's name) and on the other asked young, simple and decent lady having hijab which could show her almond shaped eyes, long nose and small thick dark pink lips on normal skinned face having rimless glasses on it supported by thin physique.

Every hand was raised up from first student to last student from pre-medical to pre-engineering to commerce and arts
"theek "(Okay), Mrs. James said bitterly. She thought why students didn't select her.
"tum likho all sections of first year from pre-med to pre-engineering want Miss Shela"(You write that all sections of first year from pre-med to pre-engineering want Miss Shela), Miss Sara told the operator what to write.

"Now would you like to tell us the units in which you want to study English", she said in sarcastic tone.
Every section after taking minutes told their desire.

"Now which subject you want to study together in auditorium?", operator asked as she completed her writing work.
"Shabana leytay hain, apni Shabo letay hain, saath honge tou chairney mein bhi maza aaye ga"(Yaar what about choosing Shabana, our dear Shabo, there would be more fun in teasing  her together in auditorium),the boys were beside them and beyond them in the line and out of the line, creating a fuss for teacher, but according to them they were taking a very big decision carefully but one of them Arsalan and his friends were silent and confused, didn't know how to react due to which each of them like obedient student standing in their lines quietly and observing but Arsalan was looking them and at table and thinking about his research on chick's brain and reading a paper about which he took out from his the pocket of his pant while standing against the cupboard on which his left arm was touching and legs were twisted and glasses looking down at paper.

"Urdu!! Urdu!! Urdu!!", they gain shouted with cheer and excitment.
"Silent", Miss Sara's head was burst due to their shouting and thats why she shouted on them and put her palms on her ears.
"Theek hai", she took out her frustration on them. And they laughed soundlessly while looking down and murmuring "Pagal"(Mad) or "sanki"(wacky) and some were murmuring "Behenchoot"(sisterfucker) or "teri maa ki aankh"(Your mother's a*s).

"Nazia likho that the first year students boys want to study urdu together"(Nazia write that first year students boys want to study Urdu together), she ordered operator.

"Now the law would be implemented from 30th of October onwards till the last day of this session, Thank you", Miss Sara said and went away after thanking them while Mrs.James who was sitting on one seat sofa placed at right side near the gate that leads into an office and eating grapes then stood and said "Now you are allowed and obliged to go to your classes".

The students were taken to their classes.
Meanwhile when the queue was marching out of the blue gate into ground to go to their classes, Junaid asked "Yaar, Fajahad ek baat tou bata yeh commerece aur arts walay ladkon ko yeh daffty baba wala right kyun nahi mila"(Fajahad tell meone thing, why commerce and arts students boys didn't get this daffty baba one's right), Junaid told him his question when Fajahad, who was walking beside him to watch the line was going in perfect manner, agreed and said "pooch"(ask).

"Kyun k woh science faculty knahi hain aur main science faculty ka ladka hoon is liye"(Because they are not from science faculty and I am the guy of science faculty), he answered while walking forward and observing and after answering he looked at him to see if he had more queries or not.

"But that is not mention in daffty baba paper", Junaid asked.
"But he said this to his secretary which was mentioned in history gazette and that point is written but back of document of Right of Selection of Mentor in corner that faculty is concerned in brackets.", Faji-nickname of Fajahad, answered.

"Tujhe bara pata hai"(You know about it alot!!), he laughed.

"we cant........................


© 2017 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
Please review it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on November 4, 2017
Last Updated on November 4, 2017
Tags: Daffty, baba, Right, Selection, Mentor, faculty, Dinshaw, Brendon, Bishop, Gray, Keats

Fard


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic