No more Duty

No more Duty

A Chapter by Irenic
"

when he left..........................

"
"cricket match hogaya ab reh gai meeting"(cricket match is ended, now meeting is left only), Fajahad thought while lying on bed and throwing needle on dart.
"yes!!", and the needle striked at perfect point.
He jumped out of the bed and went out.
                      --
"tou ab app kaisi hain aap"(so how are you now), he said. He was standing outside the room against gate with folded hands and smiling.
"kiya samjhi aap k aap batyein gee nahi tou mujhe pata nahi chalay ga"(so what do you think that if you won't tell then would not come to know), he stepped in the room while uttering words and then sat on the support of knees not completely on floor.
"aisa nahi hai Mehru baji, main aap ko kaheen sey bhi dhoond nikaloon ga"(it is not like this sister Mehru, I can find you out from anywhere),he was sitting on his knees in front of her.
And she firstly looked down andthen at him and smiled.
She shifted with her family to Napier Road.
"acha ab main chalta hoon, aap apna khayal rakhyein ga"(okay now I am going, take care of yours), and he stood up to leave.
"Fajahad", and he looked back.
"thank you", she said and he smiled.
"Allah Hafiz".
                           ---
"chalo theek hai"(okay), he was sitting in bus, public bus of Pakistan where was sweat and shady type.
"aur kaisay ho Faji bhai, kahan thay itne dino sey"(and how are you brother Faji, where were you for days), and the conductor while collecting money saw him and greeted him casually and excitedly as if they were best friends.
"main theek meray cheetay tu suna, tujhe bara yaad kiya main ne in dino, bus yaar thora busy tha"(I am fine my cheetah, you tell, I missed you so much in those days, I was little busy those days), and as he put his phone down and looked up, he jumped up and hugged him tightly.For there he was a conductor but for him a very good friend.
"aa chal mere saath, Haaris bhai bhi tera pooch raha tha aur Butt tou tera hi roz zikar karta tha"(now come with me, brother Haaris was asking about you and Butt was also talking about you a lot), he said.
"bus theek hai"(then okay), they both collected money from all passengers while passengers were a bit shocked from inside that how can someone can have such a friendly relation.
                           ----
"ooye faji aa gaya!!"(Oooo Faji has come!!), they ran out from their bus at red light and jumped into another bus,x-11, and as they and Fajahad called out "aur Zakir mian ki haal hain"(And Mr.Zakir how are you), conductor of that bus came to greet him.They all got excited on seeing him.
they all hugged him.
"jab sey college khula hai bada hi bagairat ho gaya hai!! Aata hi nahi milne!! Jaffar ki shaadi mein tujhe aana hai, kuch nahi chalay ga!!"(from the day college has started you have become shameless!! Never come to meet us!! now in Jaffar's shaadi you have to come, nothing less than coming!!, they said.
                           -----
next day at college
"So winters are here and according to ritual from now onwards you will have classes in defence branch", the announcement was made.

there was another of Daffty in Defence area.

"yeh yaar yahan ka kadeem riwaj hai k jab sardiyan paray tou bachon ko dusri branch mein muntaqil kardo"(yaar it is an old ritual of here to send the students to different brached when winter begin), Farhan was telling him
-"magar kyun?"(but why?), a new comer asked
"takay hum log rough and tough ho jaye ga, aur humein bardasht karna aaye, aisa inka kehna hai"(so that we become rough and tough, it is their saying), Kamran interrupted and said.
"aur uss branch k bacho ka kiya?"(and what the students of that branch?), Salman asked, anew comer of faji's group.
"woh branch poora saal band rehti hai bus sardiyon mein khulti hai"(that branch only opens in winter otherwise it is closed whole year).
"aahh that's interesting"
"interesting k bachay! Wahan itni sardi hoti hai k bus!"(ooh interesting freak! There is too cold there!), Farhan who used to feel cold quickly said.

That branch had the same architecture as that one only area was different.
                                       ------
"tum sunao, Bilal kaisi duty kar raha hai aaj kal?"(and you tell, how is Bilal performing duty nowadays?)
"main tum sey isi hawalay sey baat karne aai thi"(I have come to talk to you on this matter), she stopped walking and contined "bohat hi bay kar duty kar raha hai"(he is doing his duty very miserably)
Faji stopped walking and listened "shukar hai tournament k waqt notice mein nahi aaya par ab agar notice mein aa gaya tou hum gaye please Fajahad kuch karo"(Thank God, due to tournament it did not come into notice but if it come into notice now or after we will be no more! Please Fajahad do something. )she uttered completely.
"kuch karta hoon"(okay I will do something), he uttered.
they both were in corridor beside ground marching forward and talking after a long time.
It was the first time they talked after tournament.
                                            -------
"ma'am i want to talk to you"
"jee kehyein, 
khairiat aap ne aaj poocha iss baray mein?
 warna tou aap baat karne sey pehley kahan poochtay hain"(yes say, 
by the way is everything all right?
otherwise when would you ask before talking)
"ma'am aap Bilal ko nikal dein, replace him with someone else"(Ma'am please take out Bilal, replace him with someone else)
she listened to him but then looked down and got busy in laptop while uttering "chalo main sochti hoon"(okay I will think about it)
her words ignite him. 
"sochna nahi"(don't need to think), he dabbed strongly on table of her that she shook up a bit "karna hai"(you have to do it), he continued as she looked up at him.
"pichlay kai mahino sey keh raha hoon k bilal ko nikalay liken nahi aap maan hi nahi rahi! 
Ab liken aap ko nikalna paray ga!"(I am asking you since months to replace Bilal but you did not listen!
But now you have take him out!), And then her hands became a long table for her face to rest and she said after taking a big breath confidently "aur agar main na karoon tou?"(And if don't do it then?)
"Tou pe koi aur Dafftian dhoond lee jeeiyein ga iss coat k liye"(Then find another Dafftian else for this coat!), he said. Her words ignite him. His adrenaline flowed. He threw the coat oh chair and marched out.


© 2018 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
review.............

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on February 23, 2018
Last Updated on February 23, 2018
Tags: Dafftian, duty, tournament, meeting, branch, winter

Fard


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic