Hope Bit

Hope Bit

A Chapter by Kat

She sat there on horseback grazing in the field. She was looking deep into the water thinking about her friend Isabell. She saw it coming but she didn’t think this soon. It seemed like the time went by too fast for her to grasp on to. She felt like she had lost everything. Like the ground was crumbling beneath her and she didn’t have her best friend to hold on to anymore.
She blamed herself.She thought that maybe if she was just there a little more for her that this never wouldve happened, but Isabell never wanted her to feel that way.. It wasn’t her fault she told herself every night how pathetic she felt or that her grief held her down to this unending pain.. It couldn’t be helped that she was just simply a lost cause that couldn’t be saved. Isabell never meant to hurt anyone. And she never wanted people to waste their tears on her or take their own lives.. She viewed herself so low that she thought it was just selfish of her to be taking up her familys money, space, air.. To be taking up her friends time.. She couldn’t handle it anymore. And she couldn’t handle the death threats..
Tears streamed down her friends face. Their memories together flashed in her eyes. Isabell was one of her few friends and she didn’t know how to cope with her life anymore without her. She knew the water was deep enough for her to let go into. She didn’t think anyone would notice.
She threw herself into the water.. She thought maybe I’ll see her again. Maybe it’ll go away. Maybe I’ll wake up and she’ll be here again. But then she thought of her family. And her horse Tag-A-Long and how they might miss her. She thought about her friends Jess and Ria and how they’d be devastated to watch her go. How they probably wouldn’t be able to stand at the funeral all the way through because how important she was to them.. She may have known Isabell sense first grade.. But she had to go eventually. Things die. People leave. Its just the way life goes.. She realized that this is just a bump in the road and that it’ll get better eventually. That her friends death can’t hold her back forever.
Her horse Tag was freaking out above shore. He didn’t know what to do. And then Nicole Blacked out.
By the time she woke up the sun was already setting and she knew her parents would be freaking out soon. She rubbed her eyes and then she saw that a note fell and then picked it up again wondering what it was. She thought for sure she was dead. She thought for sure she was going crazy, but when she opened it up she saw the guitar pick necklace Isabell always wore fall out and she looked at the sky. Is this. Possible?! She thought. Then she glanced down again and saw a turtle appear in her lap and she began to read the note again which only read “anything is possible”
Isabells favorite words.


© 2012 Kat


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on July 27, 2012
Tags: depression, suicide, life, horses, sad, friendship


Author

Kat
Kat

United Kingdom



About
um. more..

Writing
Theftry Theftry

A Poem by Kat


Love Bit Love Bit

A Chapter by Kat


Depression Bit Depression Bit

A Chapter by Kat