Guardian's Guardian

Guardian's Guardian

A Story by Dark Angel ~
"

Would you die for your angel?

"
They surrounded me, their black eyes seeming endless. Their black wings absorbed all light...
"No... no..." I whispered, squeezing my eyes shut. "Gods have mercy on me."
I hadn't done anything to deserve this, I had a good life... I couldn't end like this
As I said my prayers, I felt a strong pair of hands lift me. I dared to open my eyes and found that I was high above the ground.
"Really?" I asked, looking up to see my angel. "What took you so damn long, Zeus?"
"Be happy I came at all. They tried to keep me away."
"Did They hurt you?"
"Nothing can hurt me."
But he was weak... I could feel in the way he flew.
"We should land for a while." I said.
"They could-"
"You're here. They wouldn't dare." We landed in a tree less than a second later. "Let's me see... Please?"
He hesitated a moment and pulled his shirt over his head. I gasped when my mind processed what my eyes were seeing. He had open cuts going down his chest and stomach (which were usually perfect, by the way). His wings were messed up too- they were missing feathers, one looked halfway broken... it was a miracle he could fly.
"What did They do?" I whispered.
"They tried to kill me. I was whipped, kicked, punched... They pulled a gun on me."
"No..." That's worse than if they killed me. "...No... why?"
"They wanted to keep me away. You- both of us really- we... we were supposed to die tonight."
Barely balancing on the branch, I walked over to his side. "Will it hurt if I touch you?" I asked.
"Not if you do it softly." He whispered. Carefully, I wrapped my arms around him, ignoring the feel of his blood.
"They did this to you because of me... I can't let Them keep on doing this... you'll die."
"I'd rather die protecting you than live knowing I let you die." He murmured into my hair.
I shook my head. "No... I know you're my Guardian... but I can't take it. I can't stand having you hurt."
"I'm sorry... but as long as you're alive, I'm not going to stop protecting you." I felt his arms tighten around me as he pressed his lips to my forehead.
Then I heard shots ring out. Zeus cursed the gods under his breath. Still holding on to me, he leaped into the air as fast and as high as his injured wings could carry him.
"That's why I didn't want to land. They can hear us." He said.
"Then why do we keep on running? If they can just find us again?" I could still hear the shots below, trying to find us. "Why don't we fight?"
"Because we'll die!"
"That's cowardly! We can't be afraid of dying. That goes against what you stand for. You're supposed to be able to die for me."
"It doesn't work that way if you're willing to die for me."
We flew in silence before I said, "Let me go."
"What?"
I looked up at him. "Let. Me. Go." I said.
"I can't do that."
"This won't end until one of us is gone... it's going to be me. Let me go, Zeus. I swear that I'll find my way back to you."
He looked at me with the pain evident in his eyes. "But I love you." He whispered.
"And I love you more. That's why I'm doing this." I let go of his arm as his grip on me slipped. A bullet hit me through my back as I fell.
It's the last thing I remember.
~Zeus~
When she was shot, her face showed no pain. I couldn't erase the last moment from my mind. I never loosened my grip on her... and yet she fell.
But when she died... I didn't feel it. When a person died... their Guardian felt it.
"I'm keeping my promise. I'll see you again." Her voice whispered. "I love you."

© 2011 Dark Angel ~


Author's Note

Dark Angel ~
The female doesn't have a name, because I want the reader to be sucked in, to become the female... This is a recurring factor in many of my short stories.

"They" are demons that want to kill either Zeus or the female... or both.

This like many other, soon coming short stories, was written at school. I understand that it won't be perfect, but that's why I posted it, I need advice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i like it. but i feel like guardian angels arent supposed to fall in love with their ...whats the word, victim? counterpart? whatever. andd also i feel like its sort of vague, id like more background for something so complex. i dont like that for a short story, theres a change of POV. :p and you need to work on your voice. which is really vague advice but whateverr (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. This. Is. INCREDIBLE!!! I really like how you make up worlds with their own rules. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. I love this. The love Zeus has for the female is so strong. I can relate to that; I'd die if it meant the person I'm in love with would be safe.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i like it. but i feel like guardian angels arent supposed to fall in love with their ...whats the word, victim? counterpart? whatever. andd also i feel like its sort of vague, id like more background for something so complex. i dont like that for a short story, theres a change of POV. :p and you need to work on your voice. which is really vague advice but whateverr (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 13, 2011
Tags: angels, danger, love, sacrifice, promise, death

Author

Dark Angel ~
Dark Angel ~

Where am I, exactly?, FL



About
Izzy. Short for Ismode. I write... All the time xD sadly, I don't have the time to post them here. I'm nerdy, a choir geek, and probably really, really weird. I tend to be quiet until I get to know y.. more..

Writing