A Reminiscent Writer

A Reminiscent Writer

A Story by Jack

Cheap cigarette smoke hangs stale in the air of a dimly lit room with no windows. A dark brown, chipped wood table is cluttered with ink stained papers, with words written through a deep bottle of rum.


Forgotten by humankind. Reminiscent of the days of my innocent youth… before the corruption and sorrow of the world was cast upon me. The days when we were young colts, who felt like stallions. Running wild, salty sweat dripping from our bodies, the sun beating on our backs. Spirits flared as our virility drove us like bulls charging a matador. Clashing with anyone who rose to the challenge. Our hoots and hollers echoed across the dry, dusty plain.

As the sun set, we would wash in the creek. The water cooled and rejuvenated us as we whooped and chuckled about the adventures we had taken on today.


The night brought new energy as the moon created a pleasant sweat on our long buttoned shirts. We took to the town, with music swimming through the night sky. White, blue, and pink blouses swayed around us, tempting, teasing, luring our starving eyes. Our feet picked up, as our hips grew more passionate. Fiery air and sweet perfume pouring down our nostrils as we pulled in. Faster and faster we moved, without a hint of urgency. We were elegant, yet dangerous. We pull in as the heat in our stomach builds. We toss our heads back as we howl to the moon, Wild Boys.



© 2018 Jack


Author's Note

Jack
If I ever decide to understand grammar, perhaps I would consider my self a writer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how vivid you describe everything, and leave just enough information to have people who read this want to read more.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on March 26, 2018
Last Updated on March 26, 2018
Tags: Love, Adventure, Life

Author

Jack
Jack

TX



About
Filling text boxes with words, with no direction. more..

Writing
A Space Cowboy A Space Cowboy

A Story by Jack