The Night She Died

The Night She Died

A Story by Jack...
"

The final days are the hardest

"

 

 

 

The Night She Died

By jack

 

This is the night she died. She had been sick for a very long time; her suffering was constant and the doctors did what they could to keep her comfortable, which was about all they could do. I hated watching her lying in that stark white hospital room day after day, seeing nurses lift her from the bed to change the sheets like she was a rag doll; tubes and wires connected to her body; a machine breathing for her. How could this woman who was so full of life, slip away so quickly?

 

I remember when we were younger; she was a ball of energy; she could not sit still for one minute; always doing something for someone. She was the most giving person I had ever met and the fact that she married me was a dream come true. I loved her every moment we were together and missed her every moment we were apart. She was my heart and soul.

 

The weekends at the beach were her favorite times, she loved the water; I always teased her that she was part mermaid.  She also loved to travel; she was always coming up with a new place she wanted to visit; such as Lake George or the Catskill Mountains, the Kew Gardens in Surrey England; and I did my best to take her on every one of her dream vacations.  

 

And now as I watched her fade away on her final day on earth, I realize that those days were only memories; pieces of our past that live on long after we are gone somewhere in our minds. I know for you see I passed away two years ago and have been sitting here in heaven watching and waiting for the day that she would join me, and this is that day. It may sound like a mean thing to say but I have missed her desperately and I know that she has missed me too. In a few moments I will fly over to the gates and wait for her to arrive. 

 

Yes, this is night she died and I could not be happier.

© 2013 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great story Jack, and I'm glad you wrote it. Not that your poetry isn't good, but really talented fiction writers are too rare.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thank you Marie, I take that as a huge compliment from a talented writer like yourself.
wow Jack
like this write so much
thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thank you Holly for taking the time to read it. I always appreciate you kind comments.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 14, 2013
Last Updated on February 14, 2013
Tags: death, love, heaven

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing