Is there a sun

Is there a sun

A Poem by Jack...
"

Sometimes we ask...sometimes we know

"

Is there a sun

by jack

 

Is there a sun

for I can not see

this blackened exist

a leashed tapestry

collections of nothing

bound to the fear

entering slowly

why am I here

dragging the ballast

stem upon stem

kept locked inside

threatened again

cast thee thy words

emptiness traced

walls tiled stone

that I have faced

I am alive

behind what I wear

frowns of the winter

chilled as the air

rust on these chains

weakenes the hold

drains of the silver

weeps in the gold

yet here I stand

eternally

is there a sun

for I can not see

© 2013 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Melancholy words to describe a not so sunny atmosphere. I'm not sure if this was inspired by a spring that is supposed to be here "but has not yet" arrived. Or...a metaphor for something more. Either way, this was a beautiful "cold" view.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much
So much angst living in these words...suffering and depression clearly distinct in this read. 'Frowns of the winter' really brought it all together, nice one Jack.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thanks Frieda, remind me to tell you something about this poem.
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Will do, now you've piqued my interest.....
This is a chain which can be broken... I feel the sadness and desire to break free..
You have depicted the sun in a unique way... "weeping in gold", WOW!
What an amazing, yet desolate imagery... You write with heart and soul, my friend..
Nicely penned!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Dear Robbie. Your sweet comments always bring a little sunshine into my day.
Robbie~xoxo~

11 Years Ago

May you have a bright and sunny day, my sweet friend!~xo~:)
Though we have been forced to exist in the darkness we really exist in the light. The gift from suffering is to be able to turn our sights away from this darkened world and to see with eyes wide open the beauty and joy of heaven. This is very deep and heartfelt Jack. Another powerful yet beautiful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Carolann, your comments make perfect sense to me, even if my poem doesn't. :)
Carolann Dowsett

11 Years Ago

Welcome Jack :) your poem makes sense to me :)
So eloquently penned, my friend. This one had a darker feel, which is different, but enticing. I really enjoyed the flow and the structure. Reminds me of when I was a child, worrying at night that the sun may never rise again. Every "day" may be the last...a thing to ponder. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much. Your kind words have brightened my day with brilliant sunshine.
the sun is there
you are so gifted
through so many sunsets
my soul was slowly lifted
hope and promise
a soul so misplaced
leaving me to wonder
how in the heck you always have such amazing writes*)
thank you for sharing truly meaningfully blessed

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Holly, I write because friends like you read. My ideas come based on how you will accept it. Fortuna.. read more
This is magic woven in subtlety. It is sardonic, but the simple expressions you've used to create this vision couldn't be more profound, more carefully placed or skillfully written. I thought it was stunning and incredibly absorbing, especially the end. Really enjoyed this one, great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my poem. I appreciate every one of your.. read more
well Jack...i am intrigued by this poem...i see much more than a long winter, a frustration waiting for spring to finally come...

i see a person's life being filled with darkness...and that person is wondering "will i ever see happiness and contentment again?"

will i get out from under this winter blanket...and feel warmth?

this is beautiful.

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Jacob, I always appreciate your views and comments. Thank you so much for reading.
so sad and extraordinarily beautiful. Good to read you again.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Jack...

11 Years Ago

thank you so much Dear Neva. I am so happy you stopped by again.
Read four times, amazed by the flow yet, meter perfect. You have a way of weaving patterns with your writing, here the gaze is held by your picture then pales in parts, not negatively but appropriately. And then .. then there's the hidden you, veiled and out of sight, mislaid, lost, wondering if.. thoughts and emotions wrapped by life. The sun comes and goes in its scientific sense, but lives up there wearing its different hats. Don't you think Man does the same, displaying his own chill and warmth, excesses and dilutions. Wonderful words, truly pensive, thought.worthy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Emma. This was written as I peered out the window on a cloudy day imagining what m.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 21, 2013
Tags: sun

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gasoline Gasoline

A Poem by Muse


Hunger Within Hunger Within

A Chapter by Pax