Ghost Hunting

Ghost Hunting

A Poem by Jack...
"

For Noodles Halloween contest

"

 

 

 

 

 

Ghost Hunting

 

Casey had been bugging Edgar to take him on a ghost hunt and tonight was to be the night. Edgar was known as one of the best hunters around and Casey was dying to learn his secrets.  It was a perfect evening for hunting; fog and drizzle blanketed the town while the many street lights added an eerie glow to their surroundings. They made their way to an old abandoned house by a bus stop; a very scary looking place; just perfect for ghosts to hang out in.  Edgar and Casey crept up the front stairs; worn and weathered wood greeted them as they silently moved across the front porch. Casey got a face full of spider web. “Ooo, I hate spiders,” he cried.

“Shhh, be quiet, you might scare them away,” scolded Edgar.

 

Edgar peered through a window. “I remember when old lady Gibson lived here. It was so colorful and alive, but she has been gone for some time now.”

 

“Do you think her ghost is still in there?” asked Casey.

 

“That is a very good possibility, but that is not on our agenda tonight.”

 

“Who will it be then?” asked the boy chomping at the bit.

 

“The first thing you have to learn about hunting is patience, Casey. They don’t just jump out and say here I am. You have to be patient and wait. This is where we will set up camp so to speak,” he instructed the youngster.

 

They waited for what seemed like an hour when Edgar said. “Quiet, I think I see one. Yes, right there, do you see her?”

 

They both stood in silence as Edgar pointed their prey out to Casey.

 

“Now follow me,” whispered the hunter.

 

Slowly they inched their way; closer and closer, then stopped.

 

“Now, on the count of three, do exactly as I taught you,” he said still whispering.

 

“Yes sir”

 

“Ready…one, two,” when he got to three, they both jumped up at the unsuspecting woman at the bus stop and shouted BOO!

She screamed and ran off as the two ghosts rolled laughing on the ground.

 

“Did you see the look on her face?” laughed Casey. “When can we do it again?”

 

“Shh, I think I see another one coming.”

 

 

© 2013 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was suspecting that maybe something like that would happen...then I thought it might be a straightforward story...then it turned out to be like I suspected haha. I think what gave it away was the attitude toward finding ghosts as if they were literally hunting something. Very enjoyable and spooky little piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much. Just a little fun for Halloween.
hahah, good one jack, very nice twist. Enjoyed this light and humorous ghost story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much my friend. It is so very nice to see you again. How have you been?
Bad...bad boys!! Lol.... Too funny Jack! ;-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much beaitufl friend for your kind words. I am always thrilled when you visit my poet.. read more
I love this! This is a great short-short story for the holiday!
Thanks for sharing it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Josie E. Cook M. A.

10 Years Ago

I want to master the under 500 words!
Jack...

10 Years Ago

I have 4 or 5 of them on here if you'd like to read them?
Josie E. Cook M. A.

10 Years Ago

Sure just tell me the titles of them and I will read those first.
Clever humor in this one. BOO! Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much my friend.
Clever one, Jack. Ghosts do a haunt.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much my friend. BOO!
Beware of ghost on the hunt. Ha. I like the humor. A great way to enjoy Halloween.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much David. Glad you enjoyed this little story.
Very ckever,,,not "ghost hunting" but "ghosts hunting"...

THe first thing I caught was the "Edgar" and "Casey" reference...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Marie. Yep, I am a fan of Edgar Casey

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2013
Last Updated on October 30, 2013

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic