Celestia

Celestia

A Story by Jade Mayhew
"

Based off of a song that my brother wrote. It inspired me to write this story and a poem slightly similar.

"
       The smug look on her face was enough to make me want to punch her. She was absolutely beautiful; there was no way that even I could deny it. Platinum blond hair with hot pink streaks lay smooth and shiny halfway down her back. Big, bright blue eyes, framed by long, thick, black eyelashes lit up her face. Her skin was perfectly tan and unblemished. Parted curvaceous, plump lips revealed a striking smile with completely straight, white teeth, thanks to five years of braces. Her ears fit her body nicely, and she had enough piercings to look girly, but still tough. And it didn't end there. She had a killer body. With a C-cup chest, a flat stomach, toned shoulders and arms, long legs, and perfectly muscled thighs and calves, no one could resist her. Her movements were unbelievably graceful. She could pull off any style, from grungy to preppy. A tattoo of a rose intertwined with a G-clef danced up her left forearm.
       Beautiful, huh? Too bad it was all on the outside. On the inside, she was ugly. I had known her my whole life, but we were far from what anyone would call friends. In fact, I hated her. And I'm fairly sure the hatred was mutual. We fought constantly. Unfortunately, that meant we were around one another enough to be able to fight constantly. I wished we weren't. Her name was Celestia Starr Bryant. Even her name was beautiful.
       Anyway, here I was, staring at the smug look on her beautiful face. Which I still wanted to punch. For ten minutes, I'd been yelling at her, and she'd said nothing in response. I was furious. I was sure I looked like hell. Celestia, of course, looked perfect as usual. Besides her physical appearance, she had very few redeeming qualities. She was mean, cruel and manipulative. She used people. Of course, she could be charming and nice, but only if you had something she wanted. Once she got it, she dropped you and never spoke to you again. She knew all the right things to say to make someone feel on top of the world, but knew even more to tear them right back down. She wasn't book smart; she cheated on everything she did. Now, however, the one-sided fight we were having was over a boy. She had just mercilessly broken my best friend's heart. That's where I had to draw the line.
       "Celestia, he was so in love with you! He was a total fool, but Aaron would have done anything for you! What's your excuse? Why? Why did you do it?"
       I finally got a response. "Because, dearie, Aaron was just... so useless to me. He was so last week. He served his purpose and I had no reason to keep him around any long than I needed to," she laughed maliciously.
       Her amusement only fueled my anger and made me want to punch her twice as hard. But I didn't. "You are a terrible person, Celestia. Everyone loves you because you're beautiful. But you aren't. You're stupid and you're ugly, and cruel, and you'll never go anywhere in life. One day, people will see the real you. And then you'll be alone!"
       "Shut up!" Celestia screamed, finally breaking her calm. "That will never happen. I will always be beautiful. Everybody will always love me. Who needs to be smart or nice when everybody does everything for me anyway? I'll never be alone because there will always be some sorry loser on the sidelines, wishing daily that I'd just talk to them."
       I laughed mirthlessly. "No. One day, you'll go too far. You'll hurt the wrong person. And that person will hurt you back."
       Celestia took a few minutes to regain her composure and collect her thoughts. She took a deep breath, smiled and spoke again. "Anybody who crosses me would be making the biggest mistake of their life." Her smile faded and her tone turned deadly. "You know me better than anyone else does. Maybe that's why you get away with talking to me the way you do. Because if--"
       "No," I interrupted. "I talk to you like this because you treat people like s**t. I hate to tell you, but you aren't the f*****g queen."
       A smirk spread across Celestia's face. "I don't have to be. Look at what I do to you. All this yelling and crying is ruining you. Your make up is running, and your eyes are red and puffy. Sweetie, you don't look good. And you can't get rid of me. How many times have you tried?"
       She's getting to me again, I realized. Not this time. I'm done with the mind games. It ends now.
       I walked away from Celestia and walked to the other room where my backpack was. My sleeping pills were nestled safely in the front pocket. I had just refilled my prescription that morning. My name was plastered in black across the orange bottle. I heard the pills rattling with every step I took. When I was facing Celestia again, I held up the pills and shook the bottle. "It's full," I informed her.
       "Yeah, so?" Celestia shrugged. "It's not as if you'll actually do anything with them. You're too weak, too pathetic. You'd be better off if you did swallow the bottle."
       I popped open the top and poured them all out, forming a pile of 30 pills on the table. I picked one up and swallowed it dry. Celestia shrugged again. I swallowed another pill. She laughed. "It looks like maybe you do have some guts. Come on, swallow another one. I dare you."
       And so the process continued: I'd swallow a pill and Celestia would egg me on to swallow more. Soon there were only two pills left from the original pile. My movements were slowed. I felt myself falling, so I sat on the floor. Celestia sat down with me, smiling. "You're such a beautiful disaster, sweet pea. There are two left. Gonna take them?" She laughed mockingly at me. I swallowed the last two pills. "Good girl," Celestia said. "Now everyone will see how weak you really were. Poor little baby, couldn't even handle her own life. Had to swallow thirty sleeping pills to handle it. So incredibly weak. So pathetic. Maybe if you embraced the b***h in you more often, you could handle everything. But you can't."
       Celestia's voice and taunts were fading more by the second. Darkness was beginning to envelope my mind. I had strength left in me still. Not much, but enough to do what I had to. I stood up and screamed, as loudly as I could, "I hate you!" Then I wound my arm back and punched Celestia's face as hard as I could. Pain erupted up my entire arm and hand as the floor-length mirror in front of me shattered. Celestia's face disappeared, along with her mocking laugh, evil taunts and malicious perfection. I dropped to the floor again. The empty pill bottle rolled across the floor, stopping inches in front of my face. The label faced me. My name was plastered in black across the orange bottle:
       Celestia Starr Bryant
       My eyes closed.

© 2014 Jade Mayhew


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
Added on December 31, 2009
Last Updated on December 27, 2014

Author

Jade Mayhew
Jade Mayhew

Radiant Gardens, ME



Writing
Just Just

A Poem by Jade Mayhew


Shelter Shelter

A Poem by Jade Mayhew


You You

A Poem by Jade Mayhew