Feelings

Feelings

A Story by benjammingham
"

My thoughts and feelings, literally all of them are going right here right now. It's for a contest, but this will be ultimate therapy.

"
I expect judgement from this. See, everyone has their own feelings. Everyone has their own thoughts. Mine are different than some. I'm not sure why, but to each his own right?
I feel strongly about a recent subject that has provoked great thought for me. 
You know how in dystopian novels there's always like the corrupt government, or the rich and gluttonous that are kind of like the antagonists in the novel? Well I think I've realized that WE ARE THOSE PEOPLE. At least I am. 
I want for so much and am not grateful for what I have. People say that a lot, but I don't live what you'd call a rich lifestyle. I don't have fancy cars or a mansion. I live a mediocre life, but when I compare it to the rest of the world, I AM THE RICH AND GLUTTONOUS. My grandparents church went to Cuba and they found extreme poverty and starvation there. I wouldn't even consider that a country that would be struggling under normal circumstances. I would think about Haiti if I thought of starvation. See, we think the celebrities with the diamond rings and the nice clothes are the rich and gluttonous, but we are no better than them! We want for more than what we are already blessed with, when countries ALL AROUND US are literally starving and dying in the dirt.
I feel strongly about fitting in. I'm kind of tired of it. Like conformity in general seems ridiculous. When you think about conformity, it really goes along with bullying. For the kids who don't conform or are different, they are bullied. So now we have to think of all the victims of bullying and the victims of the people who were struggling as a result of their extreme attempts to FIT IN. I'm sick of it. Firstly, why must we change ourselves to the extent that we are the same and look like everyone else? And for the bullies, why must we treat each other with such disdain and contempt that it leads people to suicide? It's so disappointing because as a highschooler, I see it literally DAILY. And it SUCKS so bad. 
Luckily, I believe there is a new generation that is rising. I believe that the hipster movement is growing. And the thing about hipsters is that there is a very general description of a hipster, but honestly, it's about being your own person. The point of hipster was standing out and being different. I think the more that that kind of lifestlye is encouraged, the easier it would be for us to live in harmony.
I feel strongly about love. It's so confusing. Girls in general just confuse me...and I know that's weird to say because you may be thinking, "I've got them all figured out, sucks for you kid", but try and work with me a little bit. I'm an awkward kid, and truth is, there's not exactly a lot of attraction to an awkward kid because the kid will make you feel uncomfortable. Girls aren't like attracted to me for that reason. I'm a nice guy too. Yeah, you know what that is. The guy who tries to be nice to EVERYONE, and is often friend zoned because he's such a nice guy. Yeah, yeah, nice guys finish last...whatever.
I'm honestly just a kind of immature kid. I have a lot of things to say, but I don't say them a lot because I'm afraid.
I hope you enjoyed this. You've literally seen inside my brain. 

© 2013 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
If you want a part 2 let me know.
If you want the next one to rhyme let me know.
I didn't rhyme because it'd be easier to eject my thoughts on paper without thinking of it rhyming...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on January 31, 2013
Last Updated on January 31, 2013

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



Writing
Canvas Canvas

A Story by benjammingham


Secrets Secrets

A Story by benjammingham