Bridge It

Bridge It

A Poem by JRB
"

Brought back by demand,,,,

"

Her inner passion runs wild, a dream lost, now found, resulting in second thoughts; doubt and confusion haunting her very being, casting expectation into her world of lost dreams. The emotions are slowly, brought forth from deep inside her heart, where they are hidden but not lost. They are now reaching for her soul with anticipation and apprehension before her.

 

Awakened in the darkness of this fear, now seeing the light, she believes in herself, yet holds fears for another, as that fear slips away, she will reach out. Her name is a reverberation of the sounds held profoundly in the minds of others. Her words stand in front of her thoughts, and her morals are behind her actions. Her soul shines this truth through her eyes, as they gaze upon this world.

 

She is a woman, she is a child, she is a mother, and she is a daughter. She is life, hope, and most of all; she is success in the face of defeat. For her years of silence are now like a star that has kissed the sweetness of my living soul, in the memory of my fading life. Darkness gives way to the light of hope, shining brighter as the days go by.

 

I find myself in those moments of pondering, tracing out her image in the obscurity of the clouds, as I drift in and out of my new found thoughts of this reality, hidden behind a much believed fantasy. My thoughts seem to now giveaway to those emotions and senses of holding, that which has not been held. Hoping that the touch will help reunite two souls separated by destiny and brought back together by providence.

 

The rush of images flashing before the eyes, as they hold back tears, neither of pain, nor doubt, but rather of a love needing to be shared. If she wishes upon that silent star, if fate directs her will, her strength of character shall find herself, sharing life’s treasures with such a mysterious, sweet soul; she will have found herself in another, as they shall find themselves in her.

 

Just perhaps tonight she shall find dreams much sweeter than those dreams in her awakening hours. Now that I have found her in my thoughts, all that seems left is to have her in my heart, my world and most of all, in my life. When the violence of my feelings becomes heavy on my heart and unlocks the treasury of my thoughts hidden from myself. Then, just maybe, my love will follow my heart and signal my mind to release my soul, to unite with hers, in hopes of hers uniting with mine.

 

 

 

Copyrights Reserved
@JRB
Bridge It

© 2011 JRB


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A search and longing of one's self inside and out. A deeper journey indeed. Thumbs up

Posted 10 Years Ago


So beautifully penned... I felt my self sigh while reading... wonderful !!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I find myself in those moments of pondering, tracing out her image in the obscurity of the clouds, as I drift in and out of my new found thoughts of this reality,

I think that line was especially eloquent.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful peice, really enjoyed reading it! Keep on writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so mystical.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I absolutely enjoyed reading this. the form was beautiful written like a story, but flowed wonderfully i never got lost in the lines. bittersweet, well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hi !
Please don't block me for reviewing you honestly! ;-) This feels very precious . Bringing pieces recreating her. Trying to make her cells regenerate to her original form! It has that desperate search that somehow if you remember the right thing it will magically happen ...Beautiful

I love this longing you have told so well....

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazing!!!! just love it

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just stunning!!! Lovely use of emotive and captivating language:) Just a wonderfully written perfect poem!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


If I'm going to base it from your last stanza, I think this person very dear to you isn't yours just yet. You look at her from a distance. For me, these emotions rose in me as I read this piece. Fear, infatuation, attraction, hunger, lust and then love. From the first time you laid eyes on her it struck me as though you were curious about her, then hungry and eager to learn more and then she has always been in your thoughts, lingering enough that you fear that you just might lose her. Infatuated by her, she's constantly on your mind until such time that you don't even realize it, you've fallen in love. :) Very beautiful poem dedicated to her. Thanks for sharing. :) I may be wrong in my assumptions, but well that's just my thoughts on the very lovely poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

792 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 8, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011

Author

JRB
JRB

Grantville, PA



About
To my writes, I have been told that my writings, relate to the poetic styles of, John Donne, George Herbert, and many other early 17th-century English poets. By believing that enlightenment c.. more..

Writing
12/21/12 12/21/12

A Poem by JRB



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The first wave The first wave

A Chapter by JRB