Chains of Reality

Chains of Reality

A Poem by Jasper
"

Written for someone that I shouldnt have been writing for but couldnt help it....a testing, turbulent time in my life....

"

 

To love a person with all ones being,

Without ever having shared reality,

Or touched a face as waking replaces peaceful sleep.

Or walked with fingers intertwined through sun dappled glade or puddled street or windblown beach.

To not have looked into bluest eyes as lips draw close and touch and press, drawing breathless murmurs of deepest pleasure from within the soul.

How strange to love this person at all…

 

To feel such intense emotion, overwhelming in its pain,

Without ever having seen a smile,

Or watched a laugh light up a face, transforming,

Or kissed a tear from cheek or chin and seen a smile break through despair, dark to light

To not have held on so desperately through the long dark night, comforting till the sun lights the room with its dusty glow.

How strange to love this person at all…

 

To want with such a base desire,

Without ever tasting your scent,

Or watched as you dress, or bathe or breathe

Or dance or walk.

To not have shared a single moment of real life that lovers take for granted. I watch with envious eyes.

I see them waste that gift, unaware of the preciousness and fragility that we know exists, displayed to us in cruel denial.

How strange to love this person at all…

 

To love with a completeness that few achieve

To share dreams and desires and minds

Or understand as no one can,

We are each other.

Some people live a lifetime together and never experience what we have.

They see us with envious eyes. Cannot understand our empathy, our oneness, they covet it for themselves.

We are the lucky ones, not restrained by realities’ chains, free to be…

Not strange to love this person at all…

But how I want reality…..

© 2008 Jasper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think the ending fit perfectly! How we daydream, creating what only we urge, willing it so. It's not hard to love from a distance, it's hard to be loved from a distance. I love this piece!!! It reaches my soul, understands my heart, and proves my need. KUDOS!! Thank you for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Amazing imagery, especially in the second verse. You've captured the emotion so well, the sense of desperation and longing. I like how you end each verse, the repetition, then switch it up with the last one, it gives the poem a nice flow. A beautiful piece overall.

Posted 15 Years Ago


"To love a person with all ones being,
Without ever having shared reality,
Or touched a face as waking replaces peaceful sleep.
Or walked with fingers intertwined through sun dappled glade or puddled street or windblown beach.
To not have looked into bluest eyes as lips draw close and touch and press, drawing breathless murmurs of deepest pleasure from within the soul.
How strange to love this person at all�" How true those words are. People think that they are in love by just a simple glance towards another person, when they don't examine anything at all, and in reality, they know nothing. It's called a crush, people...This was a simply beautiful write that you've written here. It has just a great amount of sensuality and emotion inside it, and the imagery you've entered into this piece was astounding. This completely fulfills one of my favorite quotes that I like, and I believe that with your words you have created a masterpiece. Great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow - just dabbling in a bit of poetry are ya - well this is absolutely magnificent. it's sentual and emotional and the imagery is amazing! An instant favorite in my books. Bravo. Keep writing, I adore the way you sculpt your words into art.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 23, 2008
Last Updated on June 29, 2008

Author

Jasper
Jasper

Southampton, United Kingdom



About
Just dabbling in a bit of poetry.... more..

Writing
Caged Tigers Caged Tigers

A Poem by Jasper


Poppies Poppies

A Poem by Jasper