Dako the Android

Dako the Android

A Chapter by kannerjay

Dako the Android.
     Dako finally came to terms with the fact that he was in a tube. He hadn't known yesterday, which led him to believe that he was smarter today than he was yesterday, and he wondered why, just liked he wondered why about everything else.
    But today was different. He opened his eyes for the first time and blinked, also for the first time. He stretched his muscles a little; there was a limit to how far he could stretch in the tube, for it was small. He was face to face with someone. He didn't know who it was. Dako moved the tail of his lizard body and remembered what it was like to be alive. Yes, he remembered, not learned. He'd always been smart but for a while he'd been dumb, somehow.
    That was that weird feeling he'd had. He was alive, something he hadn't been before this moment. He also knew he hadn't been smart before, either. He was excited for reasons he didn't know. These were good things, he knew, except maybe before he remembered anything. He squirmed in his tube and watched the person in front of him flap its mouth hole. He watched in utter incomprehension.
    Why does it flap its face hole? Is it secreting a poison? Is it trying to kill me? His brain answered back with an assurement that this person would do him no harm. This..professor, was trying to speak to him. It was trying to get his attention, and to communicate with him.
    But he couldn't hear, as the green liquid he had grown back to life in still filled the tube and stiffled the noise barrier between the glass and the outside. He grimly watched as the person stopped flapping its face hole and walked off.
    Outside. That's where Dako longed to be.


© 2012 kannerjay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on July 7, 2012
Last Updated on July 7, 2012


Author

kannerjay
kannerjay

Terre Haute, IN



About
Ummm? more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Nohr Chapter 1: Nohr

A Chapter by kannerjay