Tetraphobia

Tetraphobia

A Story by Maura Ansley
"

"it's just the beasts under your bed, in your closet, in your head!" Metallica

"
Writing Contest!
Hide
Jaina is awesome 26 October, 2014

If you are reading this, hide. Do not look behind you.DO NOT leave your hiding spot under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Do not answer the door. Do not answer your phone. Or they will find you.

If, after an hour, nobody has come to the door, your phone has not rung, and you have not left your hiding spot, feel free to do so. If they have come to the door or phone, its already too late...

Stop reading this! Close the tab, wipe your history, and get as far away as possible from whatever you are reading this on. Never look at this story again. No matter how curious you get.Now, leave! Are you still here? You are brave. Stupid, but brave nonetheless. Then I shall tell you my tale...

I can see them. The Inkabods. The shadow at the end of the hallway. The monster under your bed. The thing that haunts your nightmares. The sound of footsteps in the night, when you're home alone, coming closer and closer. The eerie feeling of being watched . . .That's them. They do not like truthful accounts such as this to be told about them, which is why we are both in such grave danger. I wish I could tell you my story. But I must go, for the monsters are upon my door, and surely yours too. Listen. Can you hear it? The faint knocking on the door. Those footsteps, coming closer and closer. And that unexplained shadow. Look, there behind you . . .

© 2015 Maura Ansley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very clever piece, you are drawn in and have to finish, only you haven't escaped the lurking danger. Nice job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I love the building pace of this. The suspense, the mystery, the wonderful images. A touch of the twilight zone is always a good read.
bill

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great story, leaves me wanting more. When you have a chance, if you could review my new scary story "Park" that would be great!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow, u are an amazing writer, good job

Posted 8 Years Ago


This makes me want for more.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 10, 2015

Author

Maura Ansley
Maura Ansley

About
Hi! Okay, I'm a girl, I write every second of every day, and I would like to be a published author someday. more..

Writing
Hatred Hatred

A Poem by Maura Ansley