Broken

Broken

A Poem by Maura Ansley

Why is it that no matter what I do it is never good enough? I have tried, and tried, screamed until my throat ached, begged until my knees were numb, and you laughed in my face. All of you. Listen to me. Have you ever felt your world breaking apart? Have you ever had to put on a false smile just so the tears won't start streaming down your face? Have you ever been picked apart until you had nothing left except that fake smile, that's holding your whole self together? Do you wear sweatshirts and jeans every day because you hated yourself, and wanted to just hide? Have you ever acted overly perky to disguise the sadness that is tearing you apart from the inside out?
Have you ever felt worthless? Degraded to nothing? Have you ever felt like no one cares?
Why should you deserve my respect? Why, if you haven't been through the hell I have? I don't expect you to understand. I don't want you to understand. To go through what I did. 
Now for the most important question; Did you ever see this happen to anyone else? Did you do anything to stop it?
#Nobull

© 2015 Maura Ansley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 10, 2015

Author

Maura Ansley
Maura Ansley

About
Hi! Okay, I'm a girl, I write every second of every day, and I would like to be a published author someday. more..

Writing
Hatred Hatred

A Poem by Maura Ansley