Weeping Willow

Weeping Willow

A Story by jessie.lynn
"

I had this image in my head about a girl standing in front of a weeping willow tree and just recently put a story with it. I send it to my boyfriend and he loved it and added the second part.

"

She stands right in the middle of the soft dirt road, her bare feet dusty from the long walk. She stands before her favorite spot in the whole world, yet she hates everything about it. A sudden gust of wind caught her long brown hair, swirling it around her tiny frame like a tornado. She looks up at the cloudy, overcast sky and wonders if it’s going to rain. Sure enough, she felt sprinkles of rain drops begin to fall on her bare arms and spot her flowered sundress. Sighing softly, she turns her head away from the sky and looks toward her destination. Just a few feet away, but it might as well be in another world. She stares at the weeping willow tree, her favorite spot in the whole world, with her sad blue eyes, remembering what happened there and what could have been. It was under those very branches that he had given her everything she ever wanted. And she believed those declarations of love and promises of forever even today. He opened doors that she didn't even know existed. The doors revealed dreams and wishes and magic, beyond her wildest imagination; with every kiss and every touch opening a new one, begging to be explored. And together, they ventured through every last one of them, discovering secrets, building trust, and growing closer. The doors slammed closed and locked when he left her. She took a step toward the majestic old willow, but suddenly stopped, unable to go any further. A single tear rolled down her cheek, blending in with the rain drops. Changing her mind, she took a small, hesitant step back. "I love you," she whispered, "until the end of time." Then she turned away from her beloved tree and ran down the dirt road, rain and tears streaming down her pretty freckled face. If she would have looked back, she would've seen that gust of wind rustling the old willow's branches, revealing the smooth gray marble marker, inscribed with the very same name that is etched in her heart.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * *

He was hiding behind an old barn when he saw her walking down that old dirt road. He remembered her instantly in the white flowered dress that showed off her long brown flowing hair and beautiful blue eyes. He saw her staring at that big willow tree and immediately knew what she was thinking. About all the amazing times they had swinging on the tire from the biggest branch, all the commitments and I love yous, but most of all the promises he made her. As a loud clap of thunder was heard overhead, it began to sprinkle. He wanted to go out there and say something, or even just hold her in his arms once more, but just then she turned around and ran, leaving the weeping willow and all its secrets behind. It wouldn't have made any difference though, he thought, as he stared at his name etched on the marble. He was only a memory now.

© 2011 jessie.lynn


Author's Note

jessie.lynn
Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this, your imagery and detail was wonderful.
So very nicely written.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011
Tags: heartache, love, memories, death, ghosts, pain, teens

Author

jessie.lynn
jessie.lynn

Hutchinson, KS



About
I'm 20 years old and entering my sophomore year of college to be a physical therapist. I was in 4-H, FFA, cheerleading, journalism, and orchestra in high school. I also took 9 years of dance class.. more..