One Silly August Poem

One Silly August Poem

A Poem by Jo Anna Bella

‘You’re asserting that it was DC, in August?’

 

“Yes, your honor, I am.”  In the day, the sun was smiling and at night it was handsome pin-striped Jim Vance.”

 

‘So, you’re telling this court, that it was pleasant, in DC, August 2008?’

 

“Yes, your honor, and I know to someone experienced like you, it must sound like a blunder, as I understand that’s not the normal situation, but it was not humid, nor sticky or over 90 degrees hot.  But then, it wasn’t drought season either and people seemed to smile a lot.”

 

‘Miss, is it your testimony that people were less uptight and acted cheery?’

 

“Well, yes, for the most part, you see, except for excerpts about Freddie and Fannie!”

 

‘Let’s be clear, young lady, are you saying that traffic was light and Jupiter was out at night?”

 

“Yep, I mean, yes sir, that’s all true, you see the school buses hadn’t start running as yet, and while Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, Gene Upshaw and Congresswoman Tubb-Jones had died, people celebrated the light they had harnessed and help shine.  We also watched the Chinese based summer Olympics with much delight; that Baltimore Merman, Micheal Phelps made us grasp for air and that Jamaican “Lightning” Bolt seem to win each race with room to spare.”  And then Ben’s Chili Bowl turned 50 and everyone readied to see Rock Star, Obama at the Denver DNC.

 

‘Miss, please go ahead and step down, your testimony appears to be faulty and full of gaps.’

 

“Hey, you know what, your honor, if I may, since you’re a man of facts, I rather suggest you give yourself a quick recess.  Get out there and let the sun touch your skin and I bet, you’ll be the one on the stand, eager to attest!”

 

© 2008 Jo Anna Bella


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on August 21, 2008