Dancer's prayer

Dancer's prayer

A Poem by John Ciarmello

 

                          Dancer’s Prayer 

 

 

                              If I dance in your shadow might you guide me to light?

                              If I dance all alone might our feet reunite?

                              If I dance in silence might you hum me your songs?

                              If I dance with reserve might you teach me my wrongs?

                              If I dance with the angels might you share in my grace?

                              If I've lessened in spirit might you dance in my place?

                              Should I stop dancing, might you cradle me there?

                              And whisper-there's purpose in each dance we share.

© 2018 John Ciarmello


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was wonderfully written. I love the way the words flow, line after line. Very smooth and song like. Good job :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


John Ciarmello

6 Years Ago

Thank You Dianne
I liked the flow of thoughts and I do like the movement of the words. The dance. We shall do many kinds of dances and hope for a proper ending. Thank you John for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


John Ciarmello

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the review my friend
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome John. I will return later and read more. I have a house full today of my grandchildr.. read more
Awe, The 'what if' game set to music. Musicals live on this page and flow freely. Very nice.

Posted 6 Years Ago


John Ciarmello

6 Years Ago

Thank You for the review Cherrie!
Thank you so much for the review Hannah. Ya know, around the 999,999th time I read this piece I thought the same thing! lol. I will finally try it without.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I like how much there is to analyze in this poem. Each line can provoke a multitude of thoughts and ideas.

I do my best to be helpful in reviews, so if there is any constructive criticism I could offer, I may suggest that the word “that” in the last line, might throw the flow off. But I could definitely be wrong. Just a suggestion.

Enjoyed reading it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


John Ciarmello

6 Years Ago

Thank You for the great review Hannah. It was much fun to write! I took your advice! No more (that)
H L Rose

6 Years Ago

I’m glad my review was of use to you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2018
Last Updated on February 22, 2018

Author

John Ciarmello
John Ciarmello

NY



About
I'm a 58 year old enthusiastic writer of short story and Children's rhyme. I love to try all types of writing. I love the challenge of flash fiction. I'm not sure I have a novel in me though! We shall.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Healing Healing

A Poem by NelliKong